“Food in motion #Theatrical”
Review of Greenhouse

Greenhouse
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A state of the art dining room and cutting-edge kitchen sets the scene at Greenhouse, where produce of the Constantia Valley and the region are presented as culinary creations in an intimate taste space. Here guests are invited on a multi-sensory journey of distinctly South African flavours and hospitality, as they savour and indulge in the delectable creations of Peter Tempelhoff and his team. Greenhouse stretches the boundaries of traditional South African cuisine, brings conceptual creations from the garden, veld and sea to the plate and shares local stories and culinary insights through the dining experience. Expect the unexpected... Greenhouse is where meals translate to memories.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Food in motion #Theatrical”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

By far the best food ever served eaten & enjoyed! An amazing experience of a 5 course meal in motion served artistically. Great service great wine and great dining experience! Congratulations and we'll done to the chef & staff-

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank RhondaSJ-Tours

Bad Homburg, Germany
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went there to celebrate my birthday.
We enjoyed an impeccable service and had a very delicious set menu. When they discovered that it was my birthday they made a special happy birthday dessert for me which was extraordinary delicious. I can recommend this place for special occasions, because this place is reliable and excellent in every aspect.
Thank you for the good time. We'll be back next time we stay in London.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazing Tasting Menu!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at The Greenhouse for our first honeymoon dinner. We were not disappointed. We arrived a little early so we had a drink at the other restaurant at Cellars, also a great spot. Our meal was creatively designed and beautifully presented. And of course, everything tasted amazing! The service was outstanding and the wine pairings complimented each course perfectly. We were there in wintertime and arrived after sunset, but we can only imagine the view when it's light out. We'll definitely go back on our next visit to Cape Town!

Visited June 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
“Intimate and upmarket”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The moment you walk through the doors you know you're in for a treat. Quiet sophistication and elegance. Outstanding wine list and gorgous food - recommend the duck and chocolate fondants!

Visited March 2014
Johannesburg
“Best meal, EVER!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ive had the opportunity to share two amazing meals here and on both occasions I've had truly wonderful, memorable and difficult to top experiences.

I can truly say that I have had the 'Best Meal of my Life' here.
I can't think of a better place to share a special occasion and given that I had flawless service and perfect food, in an unbelievable setting, I can't think of a better place to make any reason to visit here too hard to decide on.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best restaurant in South Africa - at least the best I have had the joy of visiting.

• Visited September 2013