“Simply the Best”

Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Named after the year in which Steenberg was established, Bistro Sixteen82 first opened its doors in 2009, and has been the tapas and bistro-style darling of the dining world ever since. An innovative and interactive wine and food destination, the Bistro sits adjacent to Steenberg’s winery, and spills into its surrounding indigenous gardens with a terraced dining area leading to reflective water features, unfurling into views of the magnificent stone mountains and expansive winelands. The Bistro Sixteen82 menu is a constant evolution, keeping up with seasonal produce and featuring inventive dishes that compliment the finest locally sourced ingredients. With Breakfast, Lunch and late-afternoon Tapas menus to choose from, the Bistro provides fine dining with an inimitable contemporary spirit. Executive Chef, Kerry Kilpin, love to create food which is seasonal, flavourful and bursts with freshness. "My greatest inspirations are derived from significant occasions in my life. On my travels to Thailand I developed a love and passion for Asian food. From shopping at the local food markets to creating my first authentic Thai dish, I was in heaven. You will notice a common thread in what I do and who I am. Love. I cook with love and my food is love." Internationally, Bistro Sixteen82 has been recognised in the list of 20 of the World’s Best Winery Restaurants by Canada’s renowned Wine Access magazine. Locally, listings included prominent mentions in Fleur du Cap’s Top 100 Places; Eat in Cape Town; and EAT OUT’s Best Bistros list.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Visited this venue a couple of times and was never disappointed. Upmarket Bistro with lovely outside seating if the weather permits. Lovely food (and oysters) with good wine list and they offer wine tastings. Little bit more expensive than the average Bistro but definitely worth it. Go see!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were a table of seven on the 17th August. I ordered the roast chicken which was very grey when it arrived and was not edible. I picked at it not to cause a stir with my guests. I was violently till on Sunday night through to Tuesday morning, having to call the doctor for a house visit. I wrote to the restaurant and explained my meal with the concurrent illness, suffice to say that I have not had a response of any sort. I find this such a poor sow from an operation such at Steenberg. I will not be back and not will the restaurant ever be recommened by myself or my guests. Poor show Steenberg

1  Thank alison r
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Located on Steenberg Wine Estate and next the wine tasting area.Several creative breakfast options to choose from and great coffee too. Will definitely return next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had lunch there recently; 2 good meals, one boring, one really disappointing ... 3 tiny pieces of fish and a zigzag of sauces. No veg, nothing else. As host it was extremely embarrassing - I would never risk taking business associates there again. Slow service too; slow arrival of food, sloooow removal of plates, waited ages to be offered coffee and to get the bill. Not going to repeat that experience!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We ate at Bistro Sixteen82 yesterday and we were all very impressed.
I had the fillet steak. It was grilled exactly as I requested and it looked beautiful.
The taste was even better. The garnish complimented the taste and it was perfect!
With the streak I got a marrow ball deep fried... Just what the LCHF dieter needs!!!
The setting is also special and the service was very good.