“Superb Guesthouse”

Paradiso Guesthouse & Self Catering Cottage
Ranked #9 of 40 Constantia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Superb guesthouse!! Melody, Cindy and Kim were extremely attentive and made for a most pleasant stay. Loved room both how it was decorated and layout, comfortable bed and next to pool. Breakfasts were delicious and would customize your order. Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Paradiso Guesthouse & Self Catering Cottage

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The best guesthouse I have ever stayed at! Only stayed one night with my girlfriend-celebrating an anniversary-but if we stayed any further than Rondebosch I am sure we would have made it a couple of nights more. It is in a great location-with Groot Constantia wine farm around the corner where we watched a stunning sunset. We found the facilities to be of top-class standard. The swimming pool was glistening and we had a super braai outside our door step. We couldn't have asked for anything more for breakfast-pastries, cheese, a variety of cereals, and the full house hot breakfast made to your preference. It was great to see the owners so involved and enthusiastic around the guesthouse. Keep up the great work Melody and Leonard!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Location good for the Southern Suburbs. Very comfortable accommodation with swimming pool, great breakfast and friendly staff. Can definitely recommend this guesthouse. It certainly made our holiday more memorable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent 11 days from September 20 - October 4, 2013 at Paradiso Guesthouse. I should say that I have been there before, seven years ago, but was there for a wedding so did not spend enough time in Cape Town (CPT) or at the guesthouse. Nevertheless, from my previous visit and staying in one of the inner rooms, I can say that Paradiso is exceptional on all levels.

From my previous stay, the room was clean, bathroom was spacious with a soaker tub and yet enough room to twirl:)

My most recent stay had me in the cottage that is a few steps down from the main house. This well-appointed two bedroom, two full baths, self-contained abode became home to me and I wished it WAS my home. Paradiso spells warmth, scenic views, fabulous hosts and an ambience that guarantees peace, certified to keep you smiling everyday! Flat screen television in the living area and the quaint gas fireplace was the perfect picture of the cottage. The outside area too, has a beautiful swimming pool and garden that seems to extend forever. Two braiis (South African for BBQ's) outside, made it the perfect place to entertain. Did I also mention the sundeck chairs that allow for lounging near the pool and getting your dose of Vitamin D?

The bedrooms are beautiful with lots of closet space so you don't have to live out of your suitcase. The first bedroom has a full bathroom just opposite it. The bedroom has a glass door that does not restrict the beautiful pool and garden view and has grills on them for that added security - not that it's required, in my opinion. I never felt safer! If you're there as I was during what seemed to have been an unusually cold spell for CPT, fear not, because the cottage, as well as any of the other rooms at the main house, all have Salton heaters and for that extra special touch, electric blankets that, trust me, keep you snuggly and happy:)

The main bedroom as an ensuite bathroom (with a soaker tub and separate shower area), and the room has a KING size bed, also with those lovely electric blankets, lots of closet space, a lovely vanity table and mirror and as an added bonus, the bedroom extends into an extra space with a lovely writing desk that overlooks the beautiful gardens and pool area. So if you're on business or perhaps want to finally get working on that book you've been meaning to write, it is a heavenly and most inspirational space!

The cottage also has a fully equipped kitchen with all the utensils, glassware etc., you can imagine. Perfect if you want to cook a meal and stay in doors. If you have people over, there's a six seat dining table and enough couch space to have people over. Believe me, I could see myself living there as if it were my own home, and from the side of the kitchen, you have your very own garage to securely park your car!

So with all of these lovely things, what more could you want when vacationing, visiting or even in town for business, in one of the most beautiful cities of CPT, and what's more in an area, that I believe is the "Beverley Hills" of Cape Town....well just one more thing - the hosts. Melody is one of the most welcoming hosts I've met and believe me I travel 9 months in a year, so hotels and guesthouses are not uncommon to my lifestyle - but the reception, warmth and ever-so accommodating attitude, makes this place a treasure cove.

If you chose to have breakfast included with your stay, the breakfast area too is not just tables and chairs (with a great assortment of fresh croissants, jams, jellies, cereals, butter and all those other delectable things that make breakfast the most important meal of the day), but there's an ambience to it with décor that makes you think, "Wow...this is amazing, I've never seen anything like it before"...An old school Singer sewing machine, a Colman's Mustard wall hanging, beautiful copper utensils that sit effortlessly in a corner wooden cabinet that looks like it could have been handmade...a brass incense burner, complete with all the trimmings and last but not least, a very well stocked wine rack with Moet & Chandon, Brut and fabulous South African and international wines.

Thank you Paradiso...thank you Melody. I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend 11 days of absolute peace and memories that will forever be etched in my mind.

Highly recommended...book early though - cause it's no wonder they are always busy, even off-season - it's the place you need to be if you want to get away from it all and carve out special moments that are just yours. I do have lots of pics, but I am in them so:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had a most enjoyable week at this delightful guesthouse. The location is quiet and peaceful, yet only a short drive from Cape Town and other attractions.
Our Garden Room was comfortable and spacious. A good sized bathroom too, with plenty of hot water. Our hosts were most helpful and obliging, even providing us with plates and cutlery so that we could buy meats and salads from the local market rather than go out each evening. Wonderful to sit on our terrace having a meal as the sun went down, with the views of the mountains in front of us. The breakfasts were excellent and on our last morning we had to leave very early so Melody baked some fantastic muffins for us to take with us to the airport. Best I’ve ever had.
If I am ever able to return to Cape Town this guesthouse would be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ju-ju60
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Our recent stay at Paradiso was absolutely brilliant - a great location close to Cape Town so you can easily drive in yet far enough away to be a haven of tranquility for rest and relaxation. We stayed in a Garden Room which was large, extremely comfortable and well equipped and gave us our own patio on which we spent a lot of time sitting and enjoying the surrounding garden. With the pool just a few paces away we couldn't want for more. Our hosts were extremely friendly and informative and their hospitality was first class.

We would recommend Paradiso to all ages as it would suit anyone, and will be returning again!

Room Tip: If you don't want to eat out all the time, stay in the Garden Room with self catering facilities...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a lovely stay at this charming guesthouse. The room was spotless & modern, yet cosy and very comfortable. The hosts were warm and welcoming and you can but only relax in the tranquil setting of the beautiful pool area, with comfortable deck chairs & a lovely view of the mountain. Breakfast was delicious and service excellent. I had a very relaxing stay in this 'mini oasis'. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo