“very good”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2012

went here with friends, don't eat sushi but had the Penang chicken curry, menu described it as a mild curry but it is far from mild. Luckily I enjoy a hot curry. Restaurant is welcoming and has a relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed 28 August 2012

we went for Saturday lunch, and there were only 6 tables occupied. The interior has changed, not for the best, as the lights are now very boring, all rotan, they used to be different shapes and it looked very special.
The food was good but not special. The waitress spitted when talking to us, when she was pouring the water. Later, I saw her talking to the chef, over our plate of sushi, which was standing ready but too early to be served as we were still having our starters, so now there were two people talking/spitting over our food. Not very hygienic. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the main course, although it was not the food that was bad.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you are looking for something a little different go to Wasabi the sushi was good and there was plenty of it are very reasonable prices. Service was very good.

1  Thank foodfanUK
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I'd been here for my first time about 2 years ago and absolutely loved it! The sushi was great, service excellent and atmosphere warm and welcoming. Perfect restuarant for me.

Then... I arranged a lunch visit with my brother and his fiance to meet my new fiance.

Our sushi boards and chopsticks were dirty. Service was so slow. Didn't have the ingredients for the cocktails we wanted (and this in the middle of summer). If it was winter I would have forgiven them. And then we get overcharged to top it all off.

I was so embarrassed that I had recommended the place and felt like sticking my head in the sand.

I still go here occasionally but since a fire in march in the centre, Wasabi has gone down.

They took my favourite dessert - Lindt Chocolate Brownies with caramel sauce off the menu. The existing Lindt sesame seed covered and fried chocolate balls don't even come close to what they used to be. Cloth napkins have now been replaced with a paper serviette and the service ain't what it used to be at all...

So sad... I really liked you. that's right - liked...

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had a groupon voucher and thought we are just going for a normal 3 course meal. What a surprise we had. A fantastic starter: a rainbow sushi with salmon and topped with prawn and teriyaki sause and mayonnaise. Excellent main courses: Indonesian chicken curry and Chicken with noodles - very tender chicken. A wonderful desert of banana and chocolate springrolls with ice cream. The service was of a high standard and Wasabi can definately be recommended.

1  Thank Elise01_11