“Best restaurant this year”

Cattle Baron Grill House
Ranked #19 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From service, ambiance, friendliness, great menu, great food and presentation everything anybody could wish for in this restaurant. I should not write this review as this will attract more people to go to it and make it even more difficult to get a booking but this place deserves it. Well done to all staff and management.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently returned for the third visit in six months to this warm and friendly restaurant. Their Chateaubriand is outstanding . An excellent venue to meet friends or for a family occasion.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am quite fussy when it comes to my steak, I love my steak blue not even close to rare and this place always gets my steak right!
Their Bearnaise sauce is absolutely amazing, much thicker than you expect but believe me when i say that I highly recommend that sauce.
Also their sides that come with the steak - the creamed spinach and the butternut are the best.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Despite setting out with friends (party of 7) to a steak grill, I went for the Kabeljau (Atlantic Cod) because it looked so good as a serving passed by to another table.
I am a beef fan but the day's line fish was outstanding.
Others at the table had beef (succulent and tender) and lamb (looked great.)
As the host, I mention the cost as being excellent value for the quality of the meal and the very good wine list.
Friendly and informed service.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had the tastiest fillet on the bone ever. One of the greatest meals ever. unfortunately the service was slow, disjointed and wanting. There was no good wine suggestions and also a clear lack of knowledge. This restaurant has the ability to be among the best, but there is a distinct lack of supervision.