This is surely one of the most beautiful hotels anywhere. Hidden in the Constantia Valley, it is close to the CBD and waterfront but feels like another world. The sprawling property is surrounded by perfectly maintained gardens, whilst the hotel facilities themselves are cleverly worked into the historical buildings. There is great selection of restaurants, and the breakfast in particular is amazing. Despite the historic surroundings, the internet connection is, improbably, amongst the best I have ever used in a hotel anywhere.
Top class in every aspect and most highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cape Town's historical Constantia Valley, on the breathtaking slopes of Table Mountain, all the rooms and suites of The Cellars-Hohenort boast panoramic views of the impressive mountain and the beautiful grounds. Set in 9.5 acres of world renowned and award winning gardens, this historic and beautiful country escape in the city offers guests far more than just incomparable scenery. Surrounded by top wine producing farms and some of South Africa's most popular restaurants,you will find so much to do and a mere fifteen minute drive to Cape Town City center & Waterfront. Back at the hotel there are two award-winning dining experiences, including Greenhouse, where cuisine focuses on regional flavors with modern interpretations. All of this is the result of owner Liz McGrath's more than twenty years of hard work, love and endless inspiration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cellars-Hohenort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- The Cellars-Hohenort Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa