I was fortunate enough to spend a night at the Cellars-Hohenort while visiting family in Cape Town. The property is truly magnificent, with splendid gardens and a magical view of table mountain. All the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel is steeped In history and I found the whole experience reminiscent of a by-gone era of classic charm and character. The room was spacious and well equipped with every modern amenity. I appreciated the hand written welcome note from the General Manager as well as the complimentary bottle of wine. The conservancy restaurant was the highlight of my stay with an excellent menu of the highest standard. The food was fresh and well prepared (the herbs are picked from their own herb garden). I enjoy good wine and was impressed buy their extensive wine list of local wines from the region. Service was very good and the attention to detail noteworthy. The staff are clearly well trained and I was made to feel quite at home in the beautiful surroundings. The property is a mere 3 minute drive from the world famous Kirstenbosch Gardens and is ideally situated at the start of the Constantia Valley Wine Route. I really enjoyed my time at this property and look forward to returning and trying their award winning Greenhouse restaurant and Spa facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cape Town's historical Constantia Valley, on the breathtaking slopes of Table Mountain, all the rooms and suites of The Cellars-Hohenort boast panoramic views of the impressive mountain and the beautiful grounds. Set in 9.5 acres of world renowned and award winning gardens, this historic and beautiful country escape in the city offers guests far more than just incomparable scenery. Surrounded by top wine producing farms and some of South Africa's most popular restaurants,you will find so much to do and a mere fifteen minute drive to Cape Town City center & Waterfront. Back at the hotel there are two award-winning dining experiences, including Greenhouse, where cuisine focuses on regional flavors with modern interpretations. All of this is the result of owner Liz McGrath's more than twenty years of hard work, love and endless inspiration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cellars-Hohenort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- The Cellars-Hohenort Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa