My husband and I stayed here for our 2nd visit to Cape Town and were impressed by the beautiful setting of the hotel. It's set in the tranquil Constatia Valley about a 20-25 min drive to downtown Cape Town or Camp's Bay. The resort is set on a large tract of land that includes a winery & vineyards as well as the best golf course in Cape Town. One of my favorite memories was eating breakfast on the terrace of Catherina's overlooking the beautiful vineyards with hummingbirds feeding off the nectar from the nearby flowers. We stayed in the historic part of the hotel that dates back to the 17th century. All the rooms have been recently updated, but still retain their historic character will all sorts of antique furnishings, books and paintings in the common areas - some beautiful pieces that could easily be in a museum - so interesting. They've done a wonderful job of combining modern luxury with historic charm. The restaurants on site are very good. We had the pleasure of eating at Catherina's one night and the food and service were excellent. I wish we had time to try the bistro at the winery, as this looked very good - a bit more casual fare than Catherina's. We did, however, do a wine tasting at the vineyard bar and it was quite good. Not the best wine in the world, but quite good and the setting was beautiful. The winery is set in a tasteful modern building that blends perfectly with the surrounding vineyards. An excellent place to spend the afternoon. My husband also loved the golf course - some of our friends in Cape Town said it was the best in the city. While we were at the resort, they were hosting a roll-out event for the new Porsche 911 Carrera. It was fun to catch a glimpse of the newly redesigned 2012 model before it was even available in North America. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel surrounded by vineyards nestles at the foot of the magnificent Stone Mountain. Here the elegance & tradition of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the luxuries and conveniences of our modern age. A Championship golf course, an award winning Winery, Catharina’s Restaurant and Steenberg Spa complete the serene picture of this 24-bedroom Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Steenberg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steenberg Hotel Cape Town
- Steenberg Hotel Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa