Steenberg provides a genuine five star experience. Wish I could afford it. We went in the low season in 2011 and they upgraded us to a nice room overlooking the golf course (which is a Championship course). Take the cheapest room if you cannot afford anything else - and enjoy the absolute high-end service level provided at a level that you would normally never be able to afford. Great food. Fantastic breakfast setting. Winery and golf course inside the estate. Wish I would never have to leave. Did I mention the spa?
Sincerely hope I can return one day. Last time we went to Cape Town, Steenberg only had rooms above our pain levels. Life can be beautiful.
Best hotel experience of my years travelling in 60+ countries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel surrounded by vineyards nestles at the foot of the magnificent Stone Mountain. Here the elegance & tradition of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the luxuries and conveniences of our modern age. A Championship golf course, an award winning Winery, Catharina’s Restaurant and Steenberg Spa complete the serene picture of this 24-bedroom Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Steenberg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steenberg Hotel Cape Town
- Steenberg Hotel Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa