“Enjoyable”

Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Conservatory, situated adjacent to the historic Cellars-Hohenort cellar, offers diners unparalleled garden vistas from both the sun-drenched terrace and the indoor tables. Carefully constructed around a giant 300-year-old oak tree, The Conservatory is one of Constantia's finest daily breakfast, lunch and dinner venues. Here the head chef creates hotel classics alongside modern and seasonally influenced dishes. The Conservatory menu places a great emphasis on fresh produce from both The Cellars-Hohenort gardens and local green-friendly suppliers, and this gives it the unique ability to showcase a true taste of the Constantia Valley. Friendly service and an award-winning wine list ensure that The Conservatory offers guests and locals an exceptional everyday dining experience.
Switzerland
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great food and good selection of local constantia wines. Conservatory was very flexible in fitting us in as a group of 12. Beautiful grounds and recommend asking for a window table with views to the mountain if sitting outside is not possible. Service was pleasant but seemed stretched.

Visited July 2014

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Why go anywhere else, if the best is available right on your doorstep”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

On Friday 20th June 2014 my wife and I decided that we'll spoil her each day of the weekend for her birthday on Sunday the 22nd by eating at different restaurants.
We first viewed The Conservatory, then the Greenhouse and was immediately impressed with the service we received at the Conservatory, we were in tracksuits when viewing The Conservatory and was treated very well (other establishments often put their noses up when we view in tracksuits, the Conservatory didn't suffer from this abnormality, they treated us the same as when we dressed up later for our 1730Z booking which we reported late).
We had the set menu and wanted the pairing, but had a complication as my wife was unable to consume alcohol(she's pregnant). The Conservatory made a plan and met our demands. Their choice of paired drinks complimented the meal and was very attractive on the eye.
The service we received was out of this world, they made us feel at home and treated us as if we were the only patrons in the restaurant yet there were others in the restaurant who also experienced that special attention(we heard them faintly in the background).
The quality and quantity of food was of a very high standard and it was clear that the chef was a well experienced person who knew his story.
When the bill arrived, I was pleased to see it was cheaper than what I budgeted on.
This evening my wife and I will be dining at the Cullinan Hotel. The Conservatory has set a high standard, lets hope the Cullinan can match up to The Conservatory.
Thank you very much for the wonderful service, we'll definitely pay the Conservatory a visit in future.

• Visited June 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came with a group and we had a set menu but the food and the service was fantastic. For a starter I had the Garden Jerusalem Artichoke soup with crispy duck wonton and that was really nice. I had the oven roasted springbok rump for my main. Now I hadn't eaten springbok up to that point and it has to be one of the best things I have ever eaten - nice portion too. Can't recommend enough.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,795 helpful votes
“Delighful”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Fabulous lunch while touring this beautiful part of South Africa. Good quality food and friendly service. Great wines at reasonable prices.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank MollieArchie
“Gourmet tree house”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The setting at the conservatory is wonderful. You are elevated at tree canopy level and the restaurant itself is elegantly appointed. The service was friendly and efficient and the food excellent. The wine list is extraordinary and original. My only criticism of the experience was that the wine is overpriced with even the more ordinary options being priced at R 200 _R350. Would go again but not with wine lovers if I am paying.

• Visited May 2014
Hilton R, Manager at The Conservatory, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Good Day

Thank you for your feedback and we are really glad you enjoyed your experience with us at The Conservatory.

With regards to the pricing of our wine list, we will look into it and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Best Regards