“Owesomness!”

Summit Place Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 40 Constantia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We travelled to Cape Town from Nigeria on a business trip and we stayed at Summit Place Guesthouse. What a great service! It is a place for any traveller to Cape town to sleep because of its serene location and the humane reception accorded us by the duo of Tendi and Louisa. They are very wonderful set of people. When next I come back to Cape town, I will still love to stay here.

Room Tip: Pool side master next to the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SummitPlace, Owner at Summit Place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Joseph. Tendi and Lou really enjoyed hosting you. Now you know where we are we do hope you will come again. Kind regards, Neil for the Summit Team.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A great and fantastic team, who were very accommodating and friendly, with great advice on local information. The rooms and faciltiities are great. The location was perfect for an enjoyable visit to Cape Town. Wished we could have stayed longer

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ian. Thank you for your kind words. We thoroughly enjoyed having you and your family to stay. Please come again soon. We were glad the Rihanna concert was such a success. Regards, Neil Wendy, Tendi Lou and the Summiteers

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently spent a few nights at Summit Place Guest House (my third visit) and will hopefully be going back in November! The service and food are incredible, especially the breakfast waffle created by Neil and Louisa - delicious! The views are amazing and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. A very tranquil setting and for me the best guest house I have had the opportunity to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SummitPlace, Owner at Summit Place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Fiona. Thank you for your very kind words. We hope you will time your next stay over a weekend and that you will stay in residence. All the many things you enjoy doing and seeing are here: the Table Mountain National Park is out side our doorstep and there are many many bird species up the road. There is in fact a well known resident Black Eagle close by in the Constantia Nek area. We are also glad you enjoyed our Waffles!!!
See you soon.
Neil, Wendy, Tendi, Lou and the Summiteers.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at Summit Place on Friday 13th September and despite the date nothing could have gone better.
I arrived pretty late in the evening and was directed to a lovely spacious suite complete with kitchenette, double bedroom, plenty of wardrobe space, a proper bathroom (with a bath you can fit in) and huge pictures on the walls. It was an early spring (or late winter evening) and while the wind was howling and the rain thumping outside, inside I was warm, quiet, cosy and well looked after.
Unfortunately I had to leave very early the next day so wasn't able to eat the legendary Summit Place Waffles, but my girl friend had one the previous day before I arrived and raved about them. I was seriously tempted to stay longer when walking out through the dining area. Next time! We were well looked after and the service was second to none. Great all round and will stay nowhere else when I go back to Cape Town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Will.
Indeed you missed out on our legendary Waffles! I hope your early departure for the West Coast left you well rewarded with many photos of the flowers. You will for sure need to come and stay again and we look forward to seeing you here.
Many thanks for your kind words.
Take Care
Neil, Wendy, Lou, Tendi and the Summiteers.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the cottage at Summit Place for nearly two weeks and I can honestly stay there is nowhere else I will stay in Cape Town, now I know it exists. The view is amazing, the location is quiet and peaceful (I felt like I was at an exclusive spa), its upmarket but also caters for kids (so you don't have to compromise just because the kids are in tow) - there is a trampoline, playground and swing set to keep them busy as well as a huge video and games den. Summit House will make you a divine breakfast and deliver you clean linen in a basket with a ribbon... five star stuff really ! Security is good, I was staying alone with the children and always felt safe.The host and manager are not only professional but very accommodating and helpful (above and beyond) I would definitely recommend, in fact you'd be mad to stay anywhere else !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SummitPlace, Owner at Summit Place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Ginny.
We all enjoyed having you and the kids to stay - especially Jackson. Thank you for your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
Take Care. Neil, Wendy, Lou, Tendi, Jackson and the Summiteers

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had the priviledge of staying at Summit House on the 9th August 2013 with 4 friends. It was the night before my wedding at Jonkershuis, Groot Constantia,and the service was unbelievable. We were accommodated in all ways. I received such service, the rooms are so comfortable and spacious. The views are spectacular and we were blessed with such beautiful weather. We could not have asked for a better day especially in the middle of winter. I would highly recommend this establishment for any bride preparing for her special day. I wanted for nothing. The service is out of this world, the location allows for beautiful photos as well.Its affordable especially when working with a budget. I especially want to thank every one at Summit House for making my day so special. Who knew we had such a gem literally in our back garden. Shelley de jong now Muscat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
SummitPlace, General Manager at Summit Place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Shelley

Thank you for your review. The vision of you and your lovely bridesmaids on that spectacular sunny winters day remains with us. Cape Town certainly showed her pride and joy that wonderful day.

Our best wishes to you both for the future and we hope to host the two of you soon!

Neil, Wendy, Louisa and Tendi

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had the pleasure of a " staycation" at Summit Place Guesthouse and can honestly say that you will go a long way to beat firstly the location and secondly the staff and layout of the Guesthouse. In among the vineyards, nestled under the mountains, makes it a first choice for a Cape Town escape. The owner Neil is a keen cyclist and he was happy to join us and point out a few of the excellent ( world class) routes available in the area. The attention to detail ( Breakfast getting my 1st Prize ) was very noticeable and I plan to return again and highly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: Mountain Terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
SummitPlace, Owner at Summit Place Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Gordon. Thank you for your kind words. It was wonderful hosting you and we really hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Please can we make it clear that being a keen cyclist does not presently translate into capable beyond 60km! Next year Cape Town will once again host be the worlds finest cycle race. We all plan to be out there doing it! In terms of cycling our location is ideal as we are central and the traffic is not too hectic. Take Care Neil, Wendy, Tendi, Lou and the Summiteers