“Warm and Welcoming on a Winter's Night!”
Review of Pastis

Pastis
Ranked #21 of 42 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Somerset West, South Africa
“Warm and Welcoming on a Winter's Night!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well situated, with plenty of parking.
There is a choice of venue, either outdoors, indoors, or in the "pub".
For a small family celebration, we chose indoors. We were actually right next to the fire, which quickly became too warm, but we were readily accommodated at the next table, out of the direct line of heat.
The menu offers a choice from burgers and open sandwiches,up to more sophisticated meals.
Our choice of starters was mussels, and asparagus wrapped in ham, with mains of calves liver, veal, and the salmon roulade.
Fairly early on, we were given a customer feed back card so that we could tell them all about "their good bits and the things they do badly".....!!! Perhaps not the best way of describing the purpose, as one would hope they don't do anything badly....!
However, the wine glasses did need a polish... residue left from the washer by the looks of it.

A lovely ambience, good food, efficient service. Will try one of the pub evenings with live music some time.

3 Thank Stephen D

Cape Town, South Africa
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant and bar in an excellent location. Food selection could be better but the food is amazing. Recommended.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank JasonmFinch
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A place for good friends to meet”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I've been here to watch live music with some incredible talent. I've been here to watch football with friends. I've been here to eat with family. I've been here to drink wine with business associates. And every time it has met my expectations.

I almost want to give the place a bad review so you don't go there. I want it to myself and my friends.

Good food, good beer, good service, good atmosphere. Great spot

4 Thank PeterLacey65
Rosebank, South Africa
“Very special restaurant”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We just had a outstanding lunch at Pastis in the heart of Constantia. It is a warm sunny autumn day in the Cape and I love this place. I've just had a really great meal of liver and onions with a red wine from Constantia Glen - very memorable.

5 Thank Thuli M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Lovely evening out”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It's part of life that sometimes, your friends' children become your friends in their own right, as this couple did some years ago, and we were happy to go off with them to Pastis on a recent Friday night. What a pleasant surprise, and what a lovely relaxing evening, facilitated in no small way by a small band playing with the skill required to be non-intrusive but adding value with their excellent musicianship.

Food was very well prepared and tasty, service from a very new young lady most commendable (and she learnt what a Dom Pedro is, in the process1). Even though it is said that the second cup spoils the first, we will definitely be back, sooner rather than later.

4 Thank Woodside8437