We came here with the family in July 2012.
The hotel rooms are comfortable and big, but the bathroom is "modernly-designed", which means that they don't have doors and are open from one side. Also, they have semi-transparent glass walls, which makes it ideal for couples and very uncomfortable for families/friends. It was the end of the rains, and our room was on the ground floor. There were many earthworms crawling out into our room every night, which was a bad experience. We asked the hotel to clean them, which they did, but the worms returned every day. Our bathroom sink also got clogged, which was a bit frustrating. The hotel rooms are very far from each other and one needs the hotel golf cart to reach them, which is a problem during the rains. The breakfast spread is also quiet OK and nothing very lavish, compared to normal 5 star hotel. I say this, because we were on a tour and had been to two 5-star hotels on the same trip. The whale deck was under construction and we couldn't see it.
After reading all the good reviews, I was hoping for a better experience, but I sadly leave with a bitter one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa is set in the picturesque hamlet of Herolds Bay, within 15 minutes from George Airport, Western Cape, South Africa. This 316-acre upscale Residential & Golf Development set apart in our specatacular Garden Route stretches out along the Western Cape from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth. Home to our Signature Ernie Els Golf Course as well as the Freesia Spa. The Oubaai Hotel has 100 Luxury Guest Rooms showcased alongside some of the most spectacular Herolds Bay Heritage Real Estate. This includes 322 upmarket Oubaai Residential Properties and 128 Oubaai Village Apartments. Golf Membership is optional. The Golf Club comprises of our 18 Hole Championship Ernie Else Signature Golf Course, the Golf Academy, a Driving Range plus 1 Chipping and 2 Putting Greens. Added Value includes Daily Breakfast in our Main Restaurant " Cucina," plus FREE Wifi access and FREE Parking. On our Property you can enjoy our Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Squash Court and fully equipped Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Hotel George