“Disinterested Waitress”

Ocean Basket
Ranked #85 of 114 Restaurants in George
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great fish restaurant. Great Food . Well presented . Great Prices
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ate here yesterday on our way back to George Airport. Wish now, we had gone to Spur. Waitress was totally disinterested. Wanted to swop the Tzatziki on my scampi starter for sweet chili sauce (which I do in every Ocean Basket I visit) but was told that it was an extra charge. Calamari was very overcooked which made it very rubbery. Customers at next table received undercooked fish and had to send it back.
Ocean Basket is one of our favourite seafood restaurants but this one is the worst I have visited. Won't be going there again

Reviewed 4 July 2013

You can never go wrong with an Ocean Basket if what you want is good seafood and value for money. The wine list can do with an update and the service is average but not bad.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Who thought that a franchise restaurant could deliver a magic meal. Well I love seafood and decided to give Ocean Basket in the Garden Route Mall a try. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Service was excellent and the food was magic. These guys are really doing a good job and deserve a pat on the back. Well don guys.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My business associate wasn't too overwhelmed by his traditional choice of fish and chips, but I found the Sushi very good. I would say the best place for lunch if shopping in the Mall.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

You will need to order twice in this place to feel like you have had a meal.it is overpriced and not worth it.
The location is terrible same as mugg bean. Malls are for Jhb not coastal towns. Why eat here, to look at parking lot...

1  Thank Herman T