Far Hills Country Hotel
    Great 4.5/5
    Excellent 5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsgarden routeenjoyed our stayouteniqua mountainstwo double bedsbeautiful viewrooms are comfortablewildernessscenerysuppervenuetranquilityknysna
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 6 February 2012

Wev'e all heard the lyrics about "checking in anytime but never being able to leave".
    I booked myself in at the Far Hills for two nights and stayed the entire week!
    I left Cape Town needing some peace and quiet, good surfing would have been a bonus and I got exactly what I wanted.
    The room was very comfortable with lovely finishes, close to the pool and restaurant which kept me well fed.
    Many thanks to Kirsty, Dom and Maya for making me feel so at home.
    I'll be seeing you guys again in the near future.

Room Tip: You cant really get it wrong. You'll get whatever you want.
    • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
    Reviewed 8 January 2012

We were very excited to visit this hotel. We stayed 2 nights in December 2011 as a family. We were very dissapointed. The management staff is extremely unfriendly and the breakfast was the worst we ever had...we did not even go for breakfast the next day. They only have one restaurant open (most of the time). When we arrived there was a christmas market at the hotel. The problem with this was that incoming people visiting the market made it impossible for the hotel guests to find a spot on the deck for lunch. The swimming pool area was neglected. There were beer cans and bottles all over from the previous night and no cushions on any of the chairs or loungers. The view from the rooms however is amazing. When booking ask whether there will be a live show because when we arrived we found out there will be a "live" show on the last night we were there. They put the stage right in front of the rooms and once again people form outside came in (they closed the restaurant that night and we had to go out to George for dinner!!!) The music was very loud and not at all what we wanted on our holiday. They tried to pass it off by saying we do not have to pay to see the show - sort of an added bonus.....which it propably would have been if we were into that...We will not be going back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
    1  Thank mom072
    Reviewed 28 December 2011

overnight stay .comfortable clean spacious rooms.breakfast could do with some improvement.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
    Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed here on an overnight work trip, hoping to find a comfortable bed to break a long journey. We picked Far Hills because of the very convenient location and the price. It was exceptional value for money, with very spacious rooms, big beds and a fantastic shower. Even though Far Hills clearly keeps the costs down by not providing 'luxuries' (single ply loo paper, small sachets of shampoo etc) this is so worth it, as costs have NOT been cut by cutting back on service. I woke to a beautiful view of - well, 'far hills' -from my bedroom window the next morning.After a very comfortable night and excellent breakfast served with a smile, the best was to come. On finding out that we were from an NGO, the manager immediately gave us a discount, meaning that the value for money was exceptional! But the icing on the cake was receiving a text message, followed by email to say that they found I'd left my reading glasses behind and with no problem at all, the management carefullly wrapped up my specs and sent them priority mail to my office and I received them five days later. I have rarely had service this incredible, and we will definitely be back to stay on our next trip on the Garden Route!

Room Tip: lower floor rooms in the block we were staying in had quite a lot of foot noise from above. Go for a top floor room to avoid!
    • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
    3  Thank safferabroad
    Reviewed 30 September 2011

staying at this hotel was like a home away from home. The rooms are comfortable and neat but what really made me want to give this rating is excellent service by all the staff at the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff made this experience a wonderfull one. I can really recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a personal touch of warmheartedness. We will definetly be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over the mountains are beautifull.
    • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family