“Cupcakes SO good... you can cry over them!”
Review of Lauren's

Lauren's
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in George
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
George, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cupcakes SO good... you can cry over them!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ever wondered where in George you can find the best cupcakes? Only one place to stop - Lauren's off course! I was in quite a predicament with late b'day surprise plans and was not first in line to scoop up the last of the gooey centred red velvet cupcakes... after putting up a really sad face, Lauren opted to bake a new batch (it was 15hr) and prep them before closing time!! 'This is my shop and I can bake when ever I want to!' was her answer. Thanks Lauren you saved the day for me and made a big man childishly happy with late night njammyness! (just to say we had some for b'fast as well)
You are in for a treat stopping at Lauren's! Your 'Moms kitchen' away from home.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marzanne K

Durban
“Top notch falafel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Ordered a chicken in pita with extra humus and man was it the best I've ever had. Loaded with generous quality fillings every bite was sumptuous. Lovely deli with everything made in house and the friendliest owner. I'll definitely go back next time I visit George. A+ Lauren when you gonna franchise?

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank GaryMackay
George, South Africa
“Fabulous in every way!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

You will get a wonderful welcome at Lauren's as well as fabulous coffee, and cheesecake to die for! Did I mention the milkshakes? And of course you must try the warm prawns in pita with pickled ginger and wasabi dressing! Everything is done beautifully - Go!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank B_Royce
“Paul and Sandy”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Lauren is warm and friendly and is passionate about her deli. What a lovely experience being there. Being a rainy day, both Sandy and myself opted for vegetable Currie and boy were we both impressed. We both started with cup a chinos and I ended up having a healthy berry smoothie, both were excellent. Lauren gave us her personal attention all the way through, wich made this a place that we will definitely revisit. All the best Lauren for the future!

2 Thank fencedirect
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Best and freshest falafels I have tasted aside from homemade.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We happened to pop in to Lauren's Deli and Eatery whilst passing by and we were not disappointed.
Lauren warmly welcomed us and ensured that our service was efficient, helpful and prompt.
We liked the personalisation and simplicity of the deli.

The best part being that you didn’t feel as guilty eating a yummy schwarma as you may have done if you had had a big burger and chips. We were left full and wonderfully satisfied for hours.

We loved the freshly ground Lavazza coffee and I was impressed with my fresh berry smoothie.

We will definitely be back! :)

• Visited October 2013