“The best stay, everytime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acorn Guest House

Acorn Guest House
Ranked #6 of 59 George B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“The best stay, everytime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I go to George on business at least twice per year. I stay for 5 weeks a time which is a while being away from home. I have been going to the Acorn Guesthouse for almost 2 years now and I must compliment them on all aspects. The breakfast is awesome, a little of everything. I battle to decide what to have for breakfast some mornings. The room is perfect for me. I do not need much and find the bed very comfortable. It is really a lovely place to stay and very homely. I hope to take my husband there to share my luxury with him.

I only wish that there were more channels for me to watch considering the long duration I stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the best - you have to be there to experience it!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Pauline,

Firstly we want to thank you for your loyal support, it's always a great pleasure having you here, you are apart of our Acorn family!! Thank you for taking the time to compliment us on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback & will look into your suggestion with regards to extra DStv channels, we already have more channels than the normal hotel package & will get back to you with this request.
You are more than welcome to bring your husband to come & stay for a weekend. We would love to have him & to show him what a luxurious experience you have while you are in George.

Have a wonderful week. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards
Theresa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

An excellent guesthouse that is excellent value for money. Massive bed, smallish but good quality flat screen with some Satellite channels, jacuzzi bath, beautiful wooden furnishings, some self catering facilities and fresh milk in the fridge for your tea or coffee. Fruit in a bowl and some sanitary items in the bathroom (in case to left yours at home) service was superb and very friendly. Pity I had to leave in a rush and missed what I'm sure would have been a great breakfast. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Good Morning,

What a great review! Thank you very much for appreciating our efforts. We love making our guest feel at home. We look forward to welcome you back & will make sure you don't leave without having a delicious breakfast!

Have a wonderful weekend & thank you for taking the time to write a review it's greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards
Theresa & Suzette
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I travel to George every 6 weeks for work, so the really friendly staff make me feel right at home with my packed lunches for work and plenty of milk in the fridge for my cups of tea in the evening.
This time my Dad came with me - he is from the UK. While I was working, everybody really went out of their way to make him feel comfortable, especially at Breakfast time - he loved the porridge :).
The rooms are always clean and very homely.
My Dad thoroughly enjoyed himself and even commented that Acorn Guest House was one of the best guesthouses he has ever stayed in and my Dad has travelled a lot for work.
I always look forward to my next trip to George and my stay at Acorn Guesthouse.

Room Tip: My Favourite room is outside by the pool. Nice and big with a bath and shower.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Ilana & Dad,

What a great review!! We are very happy that your dad enjoyed his 1st trip to George. Its always a pleasure having loyal returning guests, thank you for choosing Acorn as your home when you are in this beautiful part of the world even if its for business.

We look forward to welcome you back, have a splendid day!

Thank you & warm regards from a sunny George,
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We had two lovely and very spacious rooms at this quaint B&B. The weather was terrible so the very friendly staff helped us find local things to do with the children. Breakfast was served outside and was very good. The staff even e-mailed to let us know we had left something behind (luckily we were able to pop back on our return through George). I would highly recommend a stay here with children.

Room Tip: We stayed in the older rooms in the original part of the house - I didn't see the newer rooms bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear Docherty Family,

Thank you for the lovely review & for sharing your experience with the rest of the world even though the weather let us both down! We were happy to hear that the kids enjoyed the Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn & hope to have you back in the near future so you could hit the beach!

We value your feedback & are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our original rooms in a 90 year old house.

Thanks again & greetings to the girls.
Oshawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We first stayed at Acorn Guest House in January 2012. We had our ten year old grandson with us and he enjoyed playing video games with other kids staying there. We used this place as our base while visiting other venues in the area. It is very convenient to see other places in Knysna, The Wilderness etc. One starts of each day with a harty breakfast. There is so much to choose from and eat that you could actulally skip lunch. The room with their ensuite washrooms are very clean.
Our second stay was in February 2013. One again an enjoyable stay and hopefully will return in February 2014.
Ken - Oshawa, Canada

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagicGeorge01, General Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Ken

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the rest of the world! Your kind comments are welcomed & greatly appreciated.

We would love to have you back ...hopefully very soon!

Have a wonderful day & weekend ahead. Much love to Cole.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We spent three delightful nights here on a trip round South Africa. The welcome and consistent attention were only surpassed by the genuine friendliness of all of the staff. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and spacious. We did not really want for anything at all. The pool deck was lovely, the breakfast superb. The staff pointed us in the direction of a number of restaurants, and we went to three, all of which were really good. The Old Town House, however took the biscuit, fantastic food wine, and service.
It was a lovely place to stay, and we would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SophiaGeorge, General Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Robinalastair

Thank you for your kind comments & feedback we appreciate that you took some time to write the review.

We also would like to thank you for your generosity, its always great to put a smile on our hardworking housekeeping staff.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Thank you again.
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had a fabulous time when we stayed at Acorn in December. Our hosts went the extra mile , recommending things to do in the area. the room was clean, spacious,well equipped, air conditioned and comfortable, this was even with an extra bed and cot for our 2 children who were sharing the room with us. A lovely sized bathroom also. Our hosts very thoughtfully loaned us beach towels, bucket,spade and picnic basket for a trip to the beach. The staff at breakfast were pleasant. The fruit, pastries , fresh coffee and cooked (varied) breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. The church next door has bells that toll on the hour every hour. Added to the charm for me. our room had a microwave, mini fridge, some welcome snacks and water. We stayed for 10 days. the pool was very refreshing

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family