“Excellent Stay will be back”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anne C
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay will be back”
Reviewed 25 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Spent a fabulous week at this amazing house. Every amenity you could wish for available.
Pool was lovely but not quite warm enough ! Decoration superb very modern, loads of space and light. Very quiet neighborhood. Stunning views from the house of Grotto Beach and the mountains. Location could of not been better, 5 mins walk to the beach, 10 mins drive into Hermanus town. Visited De Kelders saw Whales and Dolphins.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fabulous location, felt like home
Liked least: Nothing springs to mind
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Oct 2016
Dear Anne,
Thank you for your review glad you enjoyed your stay.
sue1964_1...
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“Brilliant.”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I travelled with a friend to stay in this beautiful property, we were greeted when we arrived, and shown around the accomadation. We were given instructions on how to use the alarm and the shutter. we found it very easy to use and so had no problems. The property was in a great location for us and on a quiet road, I felt very safe at night. This was my first time at travelling abroad, and so was feeling very nervous when waiting for my ever first flight to. But I found the whole trip to be amazing, so in all, I would definitely recommend this property to my family and friends. Thankyou for a memorable stay.

Liked best: All of it.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Oct 2016
Thank you for your review glad you enjoyed your stay.
Quasim S
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband and I were part of the group that experienced the burglary. We are totally shocked by the inappropriate attitude of how this situation was dealt with. We were shown no sympathy instead a sigh of relief that none of the goods belonging to the holiday house was stolen. We invested so much money in the accommodation in addition to losing R30 000 worth of valuables.

In addition to the burglary the below is also an issue for concern:

* The gas of the outdoor braai ran out and trying to replace it the following day was a nightmare with all shops being closed. We were forced to use the indoor braai area which is situated in the lounge. This caused lots of smoke in the lounge area.

* The geyser could not accommodate for the amount of occupants inside the house. For example after one shower no warm water was left for my partner.

Overall it is a well designed place however the management needs to offer better service and have proper measures to deal with issues like these.

Your age range 25-34
7 Sep 2016
I am the husband of Mrs Dobinson(Co-owner of this property) and have decided to respond to the spiteful use of Trip Advisor by the 5 couples of the Imran Group who stayed at our holiday home in Hermanus in July 2016.
My wife and I live in Zimbabwe and have lived through all of the trauma of the past 16 years in this country ,we wouldn’t ever change this and love the country despite the nightmares of these past years. We accept where we live and all of its issues , the positives and the negatives . We are an English couple by origin and even the UK has its issues and crime .

We purchased this previously dilapidated property in Hemanus after much consideration and research of the areas within an hour’s drive either side of Cape town The choice was made on Hermanus based on its cosmopolitan lifestyle ,beauty and security, we chose the area of Voelklip and our road specifically for its open properties ,no fences , barbed wire, big gates and guard dogs .We have travelled for many years in SA and often just to buy groceries and items to bring home to Zimbabwe when nothing was on the shelves. We have been robbed at knife point in SA (in broad daylight) in the past in Polokwane BUT we accept the situation in SA as grown adults and there is no INDIVIDUAL to blame for this and we have many friends who live in SA who have been similarly robbed .

We spent much of our retirement money rebuilding our Hermanus home and refurbishing it to a very high standard then adding full security ,internal alarms on both levels , electronic drop down shutters between upstairs and down and perimeter external beams and bars on the back and sides of the house . This is as much and more than the 400-500 homes in Voelklip and my wife and family often go down on their own and their security is of paramount importance to me.
We then fully insured the property.

My wife and I were travelling in a remote area of Zimbabwe (without cell signal) when this unfortunate and distressing incident happened to the Imrans and we were only reached a couple of days later, the management agent explained that the alarms were not activated (by them) and after we managed to get hold of the insurer they advised we were not covered in this case.

For some reason the Imran’s are also implying that because none of our own belongings were stolen that we had some sort of Involvement here ??? Their other complaints were that the Braai gas ran out and they only received one roll of toilet paper for each of the 5 couples ? the agent lives 2 minutes from the house (that is why we chose her )and was always available and on hand.
There are 3 en-suite toilets in the house and if the Imran’s were concerned for their children they could have put them in these bedrooms where they had toilet access without going into the main alarmed areas (you can only do so much with security measures )
These are the FACTS behind the 5 Trip advisor complaints (please read all of these for an objective view) and I can see that these people have connived to use Trip Advisor in a spiteful manner despite the fact THEY never applied the safety precautions we have put in place for their and our own protection .

Both my wife and I were horrified at what had happened to the Imran’s and if there ‘in person’ would have shown the complete remorse and pity we felt for them from afar and we are sorry for their losses and distress. However we are all ADULTS in this world and most of this group live in SA and surely know and realize the risks involved with living there . When they arrived at the house to see the security measures in place, if they in any way felt it was unsafe they should have informed the agent and stayed elsewhere and would have received a full refund .
This is our personal holiday home for our family which we have hopefully designed with love and care in a stylish manor , it is not our business nor our living , the above are the facts of the matter and as a Grown Adult reading this please make an informed decision before considering making a booking .
This is the first time I have ever used Trip Advisor and would wish they consider all facts prior to allowing people to instigate ‘campaigns’ against their advertiser’s.
Luqmaans...
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Stay Away!!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I joined some of my firends for a weekend getaway during July 2016. The house is very nice and spacious and it is clear that it is newly built. We had a good time until we discovered that we were robbed.

We woke up and discovered that many of our personal belongings were stolen. What was immediately clear is that none of the owners personal belongings were stolen i.e DTSV decoders, LCD tvs etc. The value of all our items stolen costs more than the our weekend getaway.

The house does have an alarm system but due to the fact that we had may kids around, we opted to not activate the alarm during the nights.

The house also had no more gas inorder to use the gas braai, only 1 toilet roll per bathroom for the entire 4 days and also a blocked toilet downstaris.

Based on the above, I would not recommend this place to anyone

Your age range 25-34
19 Sep 2016

We purchased this previously dilapidated property in Hemanus after much consideration and research of the areas within an hour’s drive either side of Cape town The choice was made on Hermanus based on its cosmopolitan lifestyle ,beauty and security, we chose the area of Vourklip and our road specifically for its open properties ,no fences , barbed wire, big gates and guard dogs .We have travelled for many years in SA and often just to buy groceries and items to bring home to Zimbabwe when nothing was on the shelves. We have been robbed at knife point in SA (in broad daylight) in the past in Polokwane BUT we accept the situation in SA as grown adults and there is no INDIVIDUAL to blame for this and we have many friends who live in SA who have been similarly robbed .

We spent much of our retirement money rebuilding our Hermanus home and refurbishing it to a very high standard then adding full security ,internal alarms on both levels , electronic drop down shutters between upstairs and down and perimeter external beams and bars on the back and sides of the house . This is as much and more than the 400-500 homes in Vourklip and my wife and family often go down on their own and their security is of paramount importance to me
We then fully insured the property.
The Imran group were our first ever tenants in our home and Mr Imran even commented to the property manager that this was the ‘bargain of the century’ when they moved into the house with 4 other couples and their children . Regrettably despite all of our security the Imran’s were burgled during their last night (as were several other homes close by on the same night) apparently the men had gone to bed at 3am and had not switched on the alarms nor put the shutters down between floors (their belongings I believe were stolen from the main reception area upstairs which could have been further secured had they put the shutter down ?).
My wife and I were traveling in a remote area of Zimbabwe (without cell signal) when this unfortunate and distressing incident happened to the Imrans and we were only reached a couple of days later, the management agent explained that the alarms were not activated (by them) and after we managed to get hold of the insurer they advised we were not covered in this case.

For some reason the Imran’s are also implying that because none of our own belongings were stolen that we had some sort of Involvement here ??? Their other complaints were that the Brai gas ran out and they only received one roll of toilet for each of the 5 couples ? the agent lives 2 minutes from the house (and why we chose her )and was always available and on hand.

yusufjose...
“Nice weekend, but spoilt by BURGLARY in Apartment. Place is NOT SAFE.”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We were a large group that rented this place.
To be honest the accommodation was very nice, place is well designed and apartment was new. Bedrooms were spacious and neat.

The final night of our stay we were burgled! This occured WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING IN THE APARTMENT! A PS4, work laptop, a watch and other items were stolen. The thieves removed the downstairs window frame and entered the house. Burglar bars were present but not on all the windows.

What followed next was very poor customer service. The property manager was more interested if any of the owner's items were stolen, no concern or empathy for us- their guests. We had lots of kids with us, it scares me to think if any of us or our kids could've been harmed!

We tried to get hold of the owner on numerous occasions but no response, we wanted to know if she had any insurance that could assist us. After many failed attempts, all we got back was a ridiculous apology to the effect saying that nothing could be done from the owner's side and that we were unfortunate to have been burgled! REALLY???!
We expected to at least get a small gesture of compensation for our losses.

This is not good customer service, and the last thing one would expect while on a holiday is to get burgled whilst we were sleeping!

The place is unsafe and there is no co-operation from the owner to help in the event of such a traumatic experience during one's stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Place was burgled while we were sleeping at night
Travelling group: Large Group
19 Sep 2016

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I have just come back from my holiday having stayed in this house and it was superb, absolutely stunning setting and stunning interiors to match. Very clearly newly done, fully kitted out with a state of the art alarm system. My friends and I were comfortable, content and safe here and having seen the below review i find it a shock to read as the house has 2 alarm systems : Inside and outside AND on both floors AND an automatic drop down shutter between floors. I DO recommend this holiday home highly. Thank you for having us! We will be back.

18 Aug 2016
Many thanks for your review glad you enjoyed.
4imran
“Mr”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

UNSAFE!

FACTS:

•Burgled on last evening of stay
•No Burglar bars
•No Secure Perimeter
• Alarm not practical as once activated kids cannot go to the toilet at night
•Conveniently ONLY guest items stolen, value = R30 000
•Neighbouring properties burgled same weekend. As per SAPS confirmed

See attached window removal.

Despite the FACTS the owner shows no consideration and insists the place is secure and 'it can happen to anyone'

Pathetic Customer Experience but who cares, money in the bank right!!!

17 Aug 2016
Dear Imran we feel we have installed all security measures at our house for clients and ourselves. We are sorry this has happened it must have been very distressing but if clients choose not to utilize the security devices installed at our house whilst renting we cannot be held responsible. As you are aware there were other properties burgled in the Voelklip area that evening which is very unusual.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing