For a hotel this price and in this area, it's missing a lot of basics. That said, if you need to stay in Hermanus and this is the best option you can find, I wouldn't warn people away from it.
- They charge for the wifi and have the most convoluted system known to man. When you login, you are directed to a payment portal that doesn't actually work (although you only discover this after wasting 30 minutes trying). Instead, you need to buy access by the megabyte from the front desk. It isn't cheap, it's incredibly slow, and if you run out of megabytes in the middle of the night you have to wait until morning to find someone at the front desk.
- There are no free electrical outlets... None! Including none anywhere in or near the bathroom, so shavers and hair dryers are out. Once you do unplug something in the room to get a free outlet, there are no european plus in the room (I'm from the US and our plug adapters don't fit the South African plugs--my guess is this is also true for most Aussies, Europeans, etc. but most medium to large hotels in SA have a power-strip with Euro plugs. Here, you have to go downstairs to reception (although they were happy to loan me one).
The bed was also uncomfortable and the white sheets were yellowed at the bottom (not a small stain -- about half the sheet). I own white sheets and it looks like it from normal wear, so I don't think it was dirty but definitely time to buy new sheets!
That said the views of the Bay were great, and the location is also very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermanus is considered to offer the best land based whale watching on the African continent. Quarters Hermanus is located on the historic Hermanus Harbour. The suites are tastefully decorated in a modern style. The rooms feature splendid views of the mountain cliffs or the magnificent ocean below. The hotel offers many leisure facilities and modern room amenities. The hands on management team ensure efficient service delivery to all our guests needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Quarters Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarters Hermanus Hotel Hermanus