All reviews games room grotto beach bacon and eggs wooden floors rooms are clean quiet area family room sea view pleasant stay yogurt enjoyed our stay small pool town centre short stay nice breakfast lovely place whale watching
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great old house renovated to a large guesthouse. Very close to a secluded and not very traveled beach for privacy. Close enough to downtown Hermanus to be a part of the action, but far enough away to not hear or be disturbed by anyone or anything. (you will need a car or taxi to get to town). We stayed in a family suite and the beds were a little stiff and the bathroom could use upgrading, but nothing that would keep us from coming back and nothing that couldn't be overlooked for the value. If you are looking for major luxury and pampering, then maybe this isn't for you. Totally comfy and livable.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Good value for your Money, clean, comfortable, airy rooms. Lovely Pool and Braai area. Quiet and staff friendly and accommodating. Near beaches and only a 7 minute drive into the village. I definitely will be back

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Every year (for the last 4 years I think now) our family spends a night at Baleens for for us to get away and spend some time together. We always have a wonderful time. The kids love the pool and games available. Good quality family time for all of us.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

It is very nice and safe guest house to stay when you visit Hermanus. The rooms are clean . The enviroment aroud this guest house is beautiful. I will be glad to introduce this guest house to my friends.

Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed overnight 3 guests in 2 rooms. To be honest I would not return. I booked as the reviews seemed quite good and I had trouble finding accommodation in hermanus. The rooms were so bright all night with only sheer curtains it was like daylight and we barely slept. The beds were small and uncomfortable my feet were over the end. My poor husband at almost 2m was quite uncomfortable.
The bathroom was small and grubby and nowhere for toiletries. The towels provided were tiny. The espresso machine was broken and bottled water was unavailable. The guest fridge upstairs was smelly and needed cleaning out and defrosting.
If you're looking for an overnight stop that's cheap and can overlook these issues then it will be ok but don't expect more for this money.

Date of stay: January 2014