“Baleens”
Review of Baleens

Baleens
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Hermanus
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I found this property well positioned, and were warmly welcomed.
My only critique it that it did not feel clean....marks on the doors and walls, the fridge and cupboards.
The décor and everything is great, but wherever you walk you see dust and dirt marks....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Baleens is such a lovely place to stay. The breakfasts were lovely and relaxing the only thing I would add is some sausage with it as a bonus. My room was nice and clean. The staff were very friendly. I love the wooden floors and lovely fireplace, my view was exquisite. You can here sea and the beach is only a 2min walk away. My only complaint is my door made noise at night. But I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have been to Baleens many times and always enjoy our stay. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the staff, especially Nato, are always friendly and helpful. They also serve an excellent breakfast. You cannot beat Baleens if you want value for money. If you like a comfortable relaxed environment where you feel at home, Baleens is for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I love this place and this town! We had the best time!! We stayed 2 nights and wish it could have been longer. This guest house has a small clean pool, wonderful spacious common area and a great owner who did our laundry for us overnight for a small fee. Room was large, comfortable and clean. We slept with the windows open and could feel the ocean breeze! A block and you are at the ocean which offered a nice man made path- it wasn't a beach just the coast. A short drive into town and there are incredible food and shopping options. I felt safe, welcome and very happy during our stay in this town! Best part of our trip by far!!!! Room was excellent price and included a made to order breakfast. We drove about 20 mins to do white shark cave diving with shark lady. We also ate some ice cream in town while sitting on the shoreline and watching tons of whales about 20 yards off. This town is amazing! There was no way for me to have prepared for how much I loved it here. Cape Town was nice and worthy of 2-3 days but this town and baleens, I could have stayed a week! We will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very friendly and helpful host, kindly staff and a cosy and calm atmosphere making this place a great value for money spot situated next to the beach and only few minutes drive to the national park and the city center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Decided on a night in Hermanus after a friends wedding in Greyton, came across Baleens online. Amazing accommodation considering the price, located within walking distance of a great beach. Comfortable setting with a nice dining area & living room. Also recommend a meal at Dutchies on the beachfront, epic sunset....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We're into the second week of a two week cycle tour of the Western Cape and Saturday was our rest day at Baleens.
Lovely spot just out of town - still only a walk to the beach and a nice long (5km) cliff top walk into town.
Food was very good, laundry was free ( we tipped) and all in all the facilities were great.
The staff were very helpful, breakfasts were plentiful and with an 'honour' bar, what more can I say?

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends