“Fantastic Trip!”

Boat Based Whale Watching from Hermanus
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Hermanus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: BOAT BASED WHALE WATCHING IN HERMANUS. Our memorable whale-watching trips are informative and educational. We mostly encounter the Southern Right whales, seals, penguins and marine birds, and often see dolphins, Bryde’s and Humpback whales on many of our trips. The purpose-built catamaran, Miroshca complies with all safety regulations and provides spectacular viewing and comfort. Qualified, experienced skipper with Whale Specialist and Interpreter guide on board- Light refreshments included- DVD of tour available- Licensed permit holder. Daily Departures: 9h00; 12h00 & 15h00. Weather Permitting. Bookings Advisable.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great experience with the whales, loved every minute of it! Great people, ver professional. Lovely boat, beautiful scenery and plenty of up close whale sightings.

4  Thank NaughtyCatCapeTown

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The trip was one of luxury and the whales we spotted were the cherry on a very decadent cake! They are one of the few companies who care more about their clients than their pockets (for e.g. they would rather cancel their trip in bad weather than risk the unpleasantries, like seasickness, for their guests). Their service is 24/7 friendly and efficient and I continue to highly recommend them. And their tour guides and skippers are clued up and passionate about their work.

1  Thank TNicoleh
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am lucky enough to be a local and see our whales constantly but being out on the boat, so close that I could touch the whales if I wanted, was simply amazing. I squealed and cried with delight to be so close to these magnificent creatures. This is a must for all my visitors and friends. It is pricey but a once in a lifetime experience.

1  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My friend and I has spent the better part of the week traveling up and down the coast on the garden route looking to spot the whales from shore. Everywhere people told us to go, we went but with no success. Finally I emailed Southern Right Charters and they promptly responded and told me they could fit us in on a tour leaving on our last day in the area and we where not disappointed. Kenneth was very knowledgeable and had a great eye for spotting this amazing animals. We got spectacular views of two whales, a mother and her baby who stayed by the boat for about 20 to 25 mins. It was a pleasure dealing with such a well run and organized company. Thank-you again for the wonderful day!!!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a good experience with Southern Right Charters, spotted whales but due to the poor weather conditions struggled to focus camera. Also high percentage of the customers ended up seasick. One tip please take tablets prior to trip. Excellent pre-trip brief given by Ken the skipper. A good day for myself but no all customers enjoyed. Thanks to Ken & the crew for professional manner they conducted the trip

1  Thank Davy1963