“Cool spot for lunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lizettes a stylish Bar Restaurant set in an iconic and historic property in Voelklip, Hermanus. Lizette’s is a restaurant with a unique twist, dishes are hand crafted, using the freshest of produce. Lizette’s offers an eclectic variety of fare designed with you in mind. Whether you are a weary traveller, holiday maker or loyal local, you will love our range of world class local wines from the Hemel en Aarde valley and beyond. Couple this with awesome craft beers and Gins from all over the Western Cape - and you know your off to a great start. Complement that with ever-changing food influences and trends from all over the world and you will discover a fusion of flavours and cultures that truly represent this little piece of heaven on earth we call Voelklip.
“Cool spot for lunch”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This place has fun Decor to keep little ones entertained while waiting for food (side room off dining room). We enjoyed the Thai dishes indulged in delicious desserts. Good flavors!

Visited September 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“East meets Africa”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a return visit for us as we enjoyed Lizette's Kitchen during our last visit. I had the noodle with Mozambique prawns R90 - and my hubby had the Moroccan Lamb shank R140. The shank was extremely salty so we squeezed some lemon to balance the flavour. We shared dessert (Che Chuoi) - an asian style sago with banana and coconut milk R32. The dessert could do with a bit of sugar - but it was yummy. Food is all beautifully presented. Total bill R310, with 2 cuppucinos and 1 grapetiser. Service is good and the waiters seem knowledgeable about the menu.

• Visited October 2013
Bellville, South Africa
“Authentic and personal touch”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent a weekend in Hermanus, and my dad suggested to go to Lizette's Kitchen as they have been there before. Before going I had a look at the website and have to admit, I was a bit sceptical as it looked more fine dining than authentic Vietnamese and African dishes. However, my experience definitely changed my mind and I would recommend Lizette's Kitchen to anyone visiting Hermanus.

I loved the personal touch, as Lizette came to the table herself and explained the dishes on the menu, as some of them are quite foreign. She explained what the dishes were, how they were made and how you are supposed to eat it. What is also nice about the menu, is that even if you are not a daring eater, there is something on the menu for you. The main dishes were superb, and I enjoyed tasting of everyone's food around our table to taste all the different flavors. And even though it was presented beautifully it was still full of flavour and authentic - so I was satisfied.

We also had some flatbreads to share for starters which was really delicious, and would make a very yummy lunch. There was a mistake with the flatbreads and we received a different flatbread than what we have ordered, but Lizette was very accommodating and replaced our flatbread and even gave us shooters to apologize, now that's what I call service!

The prices are not what you would find in a family restaurant but comparable when eating out at a nice restaurant.

If you like trying something different, I would definitely recommend you to try out Lizette's Kitchen!

• Visited October 2013
Knysna
“Lizette the owner is personally involved in the restaurant and makes you feel very welcome!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Superb food and service - lovely atmosphere. Lizette is personally involved and seats you ant then takes you through the menu. Food was excellent and good value.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Albert M
Franschhoek, South Africa
“utterly superb !”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Its a year since we were last at this fabulous restaurant. It is as good as ever ! Our lunch was utterly delicious, we had a selection of Dim Sum and spring rolls for the table to share, I could happily have pigged out big time on the peanut dipping sauce, my husband went nuts for the garlic sauce. I dream of Lizette's Pho, an all time favourite of mine, it was even better than Id remembered. The children had burgers that came all wrapped in gorgeous brown wrapping, something different that really works. The service is prompt and friendly, we hardly waited at all for our food which arrived piping hot and delicious. Sadly it was a little chilly otherwise we would have sat on the deck, but the atmosphere inside is very cosy, especially in the bar area next to a log fire. I only wish we lived closer to Hermanus so we could visit this special restaurant more often.

• Visited September 2013