We really could not find any fault with this fanastic hotel. On arrival we were greeted by name. The check in process was seamless and very welcoming. We were speechless when shown our room which overlooked the bay and the (almost) ever present whales(at this time of year.) This was a wish come true! The room was immaculate,very comfortable and extremely well appointed.The staff in every area of the hotel were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble from mending a broken strap on a handbag to the loan of an iron and ironing board.We enjoyed the breakfast and the dinners spent in each of the first class restaurants which we would highly recommend. The hotel is ideally positioned for exploring Hermanus and to observe the whales. We particularly enjoyed talking with the staff and especially our morning chats with the manager. On the day of our departure we were able to retain the use of our room beyond the normal check out time. This was much appreciated and not requested by ourselves. When asked on the hotel survey..how could the hotel be improved,I replied "leave things as they are." We genuinely could not find fault. In conclusion we would have absolutely no hesitation in returning to The Marine. Thank you to all the staff for making our four night stay so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marine is one of the southern hemisphere's most spectacular seaside Relais & Chateaux properties. Perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus's Walker Bay, The Marine boasts 40 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. This unforgettable property overlooks South Africa's most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone's throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to September guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the comfort of their beautiful sea-facing bedroom. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this remarkable owner managed property - from the personal service to the exceptional cuisine which is overseen by The Collection by Liz McGrath's Grand Chef, Peter Tempelhoff, the perfect-for-sundowners Sun Lounge and the in-house Carchele Beauty Spa. Each piece of The Marine story adds another element to an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Marine Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel Hermanus
- The Marine Hotel Hermanus