We have stayed at this hotel many times, we think about seven or eight, and have just booked again for February 2013. Every member of staff from manager to gatekeeper has the guests best interests at heart and by some miracle, not only always remember your name, but what you did yesterday and remember to ask you about it. It is also very refreshing to be greeted by the same staff every year.
There is nothing at The Marine not to like and we can't imagine being elsewhere for a week or more in February.
We have always taken a seaview room to enjoy the spectacular view across Walker Bay to the mountains which is at it's most stunning in the early morning.
The breakfasts are superb, their French Toast must be the best in the world but my husband would argue for Eggs Benedict, the Seafood Restaurant's 'Poor Man's Fish and Chips' is a great favourite and we have enjoyed delicious steak in the Pavillion.
It doesn't get much better than this and although I could almost write a book about this hotel, I'll just say reader, go there. You'll leave humming a tune - probably from Cheers....where everybody knows your name!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marine is one of the southern hemisphere's most spectacular seaside Relais & Chateaux properties. Perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus's Walker Bay, The Marine boasts 40 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. This unforgettable property overlooks South Africa's most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone's throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to September guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the comfort of their beautiful sea-facing bedroom. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this remarkable owner managed property - from the personal service to the exceptional cuisine which is overseen by The Collection by Liz McGrath's Grand Chef, Peter Tempelhoff, the perfect-for-sundowners Sun Lounge and the in-house Carchele Beauty Spa. Each piece of The Marine story adds another element to an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Marine Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel Hermanus
- The Marine Hotel Hermanus