“Do not eat here” 1 of 5 bubbles

San Remo Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #88 of 109 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at San Remo Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Hermanus. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Silverdale, United Kingdom
“Do not eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Visited this restaurant because there always seemed to plenty of people eating here, but that is not the case, because the staff place everyone in the window seats and the place which is huge, is practically empty on entering. We ordered our meal and on its arrival (steak pritzel) found it to be inedible, we complained to the waitress who stated that lots of people had complained about this particular dish! and then offered to change it for an alternative meal which we did.The food served here is unappetising and is of a very poor standard.

I would not eat in this establishment again, very poor value.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hermanus
“What service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have been to Spur a few times in the past few weeks, hoping that something would be different. Every time the service was non-existent - we sat without drinks for a good half an hour, without the waitress even coming near to us for us to flag her down. They all seemed too busy chatting amongst themselves to actually do any work. The food isn't as good as it used to be either. I would say that every staff member needs retraining or perhaps start afresh with a new bunch, but remember to train them properly first!! Even on the way in and out the door, the person at the front desk did not bother to greet us. Sounds like a wasted salary! I will definitely not be going back for another round of incompetence and sub-standard food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Spur is good simple food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The spur is fast food served well b quick and efficient staff. Food is of good choice and is moderately priced and particularly good for children.

Visited April 2013
Hermanus
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went to the Spur steak ranch in Hermanus on 2 july 2013 for my baby daughters 1st birthday. The place where dirty and the knifes and forks on the table was in a terrible state. The place where empty so there was no excuse for the nun existing service we got. No jokes I waited a hour for my food.. everyone else on my table finished there food and when they wanted to go home I haven't eaten yet.. so I went home hungry. The food we did receive was disgusting. I will never support Spur franchise again. The manager told me he is the owner's son.. I wouldn't say that out load.. its a shame that he thinks its ok leaving paying customers

• Visited July 2013