Pole position on the cliff tops overlooking the swirling surf of Walker Bay, there is no better place to wallow in the copious ozone of Hermanus. Quite apart from the breathtaking presentation of the property, it is the staff that really make the genuine holiday experience. Nothing is too much trouble, there is always time for a friendly chat and down to the last waiter, there is a genuine personal mantra about the place. Bar a few vintage wines, it is a completely all inclusive experience. Do not think for one moment that they have cut corners. The cuisine was fresh in ideas, original and delicious. The wine and cocktail list was superlative in its generosity. The breakfast on the cliff terrace were spectacular. Our little stay, included the General Manager Shane personally guiding us out into the rip tides and body surfing for the afternoon. What other hotel would or even could offer that ? Other activities included jogging along the stunning cliff tops to Grotto Beach and out to the lagoon as well as a morning white shark and seal watching off Dyer Island in Gaansbai. The suites are all eclectic in shape and size but with an overriding theme of the sea. Turn down included copious candles and of course the roar of the ocean was omnipresent. A few days here, inhaling the special ionic charge of the kelp filled sea spray and the cobwebs of everyday life completely disappear. Advice: Hang around in the hotel and the cliff tops and nearby beaches below, save the retail therapy for Cape Town. Hermanus town for shopping was disappointing. Yes, at first glance this hotel seems expensive but just a few days here is the equivalent of a month elsewhere. So you do the Maths !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Hermanus cliffs, the regal Birkenhead House overlooks the whale watching paradise of Walker Bay. Accommodating guests in the utmost luxury, this is the perfect destination for those seeking the pinnacle of seaside living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Birkenhead House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birkenhead House & Villa Hotel Hermanus
- Birkenhead House And Villa