I have rarely felt compelled to fill in a Hotel review but in this instance I feel that I would like to pass on our opinion. Before arriving at Birkenhead House we had already spent 5 nights in two other boutique style hotels in Cape Town and Franshhoek, both of which were superb, so much so we feared that we would have to end our stay in SA on a low. How wrong we were! from the very minute we arrived everything was perfect ( apart from a little rain which would be tought to blame on BH ) the attention to detail and service from all members of staff was faultless, we were made to feel very special. Our room had views over both the mountains and the ocean, the bathroom was beatifully fitted and was the size of a small apartment!
the food prepared each day by the in-house chefs was perfect.
Fresh flowers filled the rooms and the hotel in general, if you are looking for somewhere special to kick back and relax completely then Birkenhead House is surely it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Hermanus cliffs, the regal Birkenhead House overlooks the whale watching paradise of Walker Bay. Accommodating guests in the utmost luxury, this is the perfect destination for those seeking the pinnacle of seaside living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your Birkenhead House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birkenhead House And Villa
- Birkenhead House & Villa Hotel Hermanus