“favourite holiday accommodation”
Review of Pat's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermanus
Pat's Place B&B
Ranked #36 of 85 Hermanus B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2011

December 2011 was the first December in 4 years that I have not spent some time at the delightful Pat's Place in Hermanus (due to personal commitments in Johannesburg.) I visited Hermanus during the Kalfie Fees in August, and was once again blown away by Suzanne's hospitality, the warm homely feel of the guesthouse and the variety of activities in the town. August being the first time I've visited in winter, I was pleased that the beds have electric blankets, the sherry decanter is always full, and one day, due to an oversight by the plumber, we had no hot water in the guesthouse! Suzanne apologised profusely and offered us the use of the shower in her home! Did I mention that her hospitality blows me away! This note is just to say that I missed Pat's Place this Christmas.

Room Tip: All rooms have an en-suite bathroom, but a special treat in summer may be one of the rooms with an o...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 72aliciaT
There are newer reviews for Pat's Place B&B

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Pat's place is situated about a mile outside Hermanus town centre, just a stones throw from the cliff path.

The house is old and the rooms are large and spacious with lovely high ceilings. The down side of it being an old house is that certain things are needing renovation and the rooms have a slight "musty" feel to them. And I can also echo some other reviewers comments about the cleaning not being 100%. I wouldn't call it dirty, but you'll certainly find some small things that need dusting/cleaning without having to look too hard.

The swimming pool is a decent size and the host allows the guests free use of the fridge and the kitchen.

The owner is friendly, informative and very helpful.

All in all, Pat's place has some great points and some not so great points. It's a good enough place to stay, but with some extra work it could be a whole lot better.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite has a lovely outdoor bath with both hot and cold water, and jacuzzi jets. The ja...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globe_grotter
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Suzanne and her family really have taken a great deal of time and effort to make staying at Pat's Place an experience, rather than just an overnight stay. The rooms are individually thought out with little quirks making each unique from the next, and the service was exemplary. You were made to feel like a long term friend rather than a guest, very refreshing. You really don't want to leave!! I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Patsplacehermanus, Owner at Pat's Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write the review. I truly appreciate it, and would love to welcome you back very soon!!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Thank you so much! It was a Great pleasure for us! Your House Is warm and lovely! A Great Place to relax and get down After stressy work! The bathtube in your garden is magic! The beds were absolutly comfortable! The breakfast so delicious ! We'll come again, soon, promised! Best regards to the whales and the lovely Dogs! Have a nice Season!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I just spent two nights at Pat's Place with two friends of mine from London - I am local Capetonian - and we thought this was the very best! Clean crisp bedding and towling, a warm and friendly reception that I think goes beyond the expected 'duties' of an hostess. The breakfasts were excellent, and Suzanne throws all the guests together for breakfast, which is an ideal opportunity to get to know and chat to people. Thank for this ecellence. Thank you also for the complimentary drink outside in the beautiful garden. I would fully recommend it and return at the earliest opportunity!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

What a wonderful stay! The most stylish , comfortable and clean B&B . Beautifully appointed rooms with the best quality linen and towels. Lovely out door hot shower. Delicious breakfast and a warm , friendly and happy host Suzanne who took very good care of us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed here for one night with some family friends. We were 5 adults and looking for a place to stay and decided on Pats Place because it had good reviews and it has received a 4 start rating by the travel and tourism board. All I can say is that it was the furthest hotel from 4 stars that I have ever experienced.

We got given one of the outer cottages in order to fit all 5 adults. The whole cottage was dirty, the fireplace had not been cleaned out, there was hair on the bedsheets and they did not even look like they had been cleaned. The couches were dirty and you felt disgusted sitting on them. The garbage had not been emptied from the previous stay. The bathrooms were in a terrible state and not to mention when we got back from dinner and wanted to have a shower there was no hot water. So therefore we were not able to take a shower. Two of the bedrooms were inside the cottage and another one was on the terrace so it was susceptible to the cold weather. They assured us it would be warm as they had an electric heating blanket in the bed. That didnt work either!!

To top it all off the whole cottage had not been heated and was absolutely freezing. The staff and manager were unfriendly and were not willing to give a helping hand.

All in all, working in the hospitality industry and paying the amount we paid for that room you would expect a hell of a lot more than what we got. I can say that it was among my top three worst hospitality experiences of my life. Whatever you do, dont go!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family