Writing this somewhat retrospectively as its a Hotel that we felt passionate about. We loved this place so much that we returned a month later ...
Clinton, Natasha, Norah, and his totally friendly and efficient staff really go out of their way to make us at home ...beautiful rooms ( to rival the Marine Hotel)amazing sea views with fantastic en-suites and hearty breakfasts conspired to make the perfect stay.
Particularly helpful was advice regarding dining out and about and things to do.
There are lots of dining options within walking distance... Ocean Basket delicious seafood and wines at a very reasonable price. Misty Waves of an evening provides authentic Indian food absolutely delicious with wholesome portions.
Treated ourselves to the most delicious cocktails at the Marine Hotel (prices to stay 3 times more than Misty Waves) uber cool lounge with great seaviews..
Particularly noteworthy was the trip they booked for us to fly along the coast (African Wings) Evan the pilot met us so very friendy (great commentary) ... we taxied to take off through a vineyard ...then it was up and away he even managed to find us some whales swimming with their calf's...it is a journey that will stay with us forever....beyond spectacular. There are some great swimming beaches 10mins drive
Free internet access a boon.
Would recommend that you stay here ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique