We had a speedy check-in from friendly staff at reception. The room we were in has a wonderful view of the ocean. The hotel is on Marine Drive, which is really where you want to be in Hermanus. Even though we had a car, its easy to get around on foot. The hotel is close to the Nature Reserve which has a path/boarwalk going all the way to the new harbour. On the way you can stop off and swim in the Mermaid's Pool, if you can bear the cold Atlantic water. The hotel offers wi-fi which is really useful as my husband had business to attend to.
I did suggest to the hotel that the room needed a full length mirror (a small observation) and would also suggest to the hotel that the breakfast needs to be more varied, as it became a bit boring with the same items each day. Suggestions: add porridge, add fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique