Stayed for 2 nights on our honeymoon in the honeymoon suite. The first thing that will hit you when you enter misty waves is the decor and furnishings. It's absolutely full with faux antique furniture i've never seen anything like it and to be honest it was about as far from our taste as you could get. The room was huge but again decorated with these grand faux antique chairs and furniture. There was picture painted on the wall with a gold antique frame painted around it very odd. The room did have a balcony overlooking the ocean and we were left with a bottle of sparkling wine which was appreciated. Breakfast was served in the restaurant which always seemed to be empty until breakfast when there were swarms of people gorging on full fried breakfasts. We didnt spend any time by the pool area but it again seemed to be decorated with faux roman columns. The hotel is about 15 minute walk from the restaurants on the old harbour - I would highly recommend eating in Burgundy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique