Stated simply - this is a beautiful hotel. The restaurant on the top floor serves excellent food and the tables by the window, if you can book them provide an beautiful view. Especially nice (beside the decor of the rooms), is the arrangement of the many seating areas in alcoves that overlook the main floor creating a very lovely appearance.
Be aware that the numbering of residences on the street is not sequential (e.g. #49 could be next to #65 which could be followed by residence #3) - so Misty Waves is in reality about 2 blocks away from where it should be on any map. That was not the fault of the hotel - but does merit a mention for future visitors.
Unfortunetaly, the price we paid was well in excess of the internet price shown here - but in all fairness we just popped in and requested a room (since we could not obtain internet access having come from a hotel in Namibia which did not have wireless) - so a word to the wise - use TripAdvisor and you will be very happy with your choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique