“A great find.”

Ranked #20 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rossi's is a reasonably priced, family restaurant with a lively, friendly atmosphere, excellent food, great service and outstanding value.Meals are prepared in full view and cooked in traditional wood burning pizza ovens. Specialities include amazing thin based pizzas, pastas, unique wood-fired oven baked line fish and seafood. Rossi's steaks and ribs are also legendary in Hermanus.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Needed reservations, as this place is popular, but we were fortunate to get a table. Excellent food and service. The waiters were quite busy, but food came promptly.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We enjoyed a lovely and varied meal at this popular spot in Hermanus last week. Our table of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids) was well served with delicious ribs, steaks, pizzas and pasta. We went early on a Friday night to miss the rush, and all enjoyed the warm fire, service and food. A bit of an old fashioned menu, but they have great thin crust pizza bases. The only very minor gripe was the quality of the panacotta. Pleased to see that the restaurant is still consistently offering crowd-pleasing meals.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We now live in The Hermanus area and being a "died in the wool" foodie it is fun to try all the different little eating spots around town. Today on whim we saw Rossie's on a little street behind where we were shopping. So being lunch time and we dropped in for lunch. Charming unpretentious little place well appointed and comfortable. Service was right on friendly and prompt. I have had a fancy for Italian food for that last wee while so this could be a little treat. Turns out to be a big treat since they actually have veal! Don't laugh I have not been able to find veal in SA anywhere since I got here. So I ordered Veal scaloppini in a lemon sauce and a penne pasta with a tomato sauce on the side. We also ordered Rossi's bread as starter and my Fiancé ordered the mozzarella balls in bacon. The starter was nothing short of superb a thin crust pizza bread with cheese, peppers and rocket and the little condiments. This was so light and such a tongue teaser I could have settled for just sipping and chowing on the starter all day. The Cheese balls and bacon were also a delight. The main arrived and it was presented well the pasta just al dente as I like it and veal tender and succulent. We paired these with a sauvignon blanc and the whole meal was a winner. Dessert was Tiramisu for my Fiancé and I had the apple cake with Vanilla ice cream and coffee. The coffee was right on too! The tiramisu was one of the best we have had and apple cake was warm and quite delicious. My title "Real Italian" was no joke since many restaurants here claim Italian cuisine but few serve the authentic dishes. My unreserved recommendation if you want top notch Italian food in a pleasant comfy environment at very reasonable prices then Rossi's will be hard to beat. I can see this place will go on our faves list for sure.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a very nice and afforable restaurant if you want authentic Italian food, I agree with previous reviewers that the bolognaise is excellentand the pizza looks spectacular.
The service is good and attentive - we ordered a takeaway portion of ribs and it was timed so that as we were paying it was brought to the table.
Very easy to recommend this place.
Oh and they were full, we didn't book, but they made as plan.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The best dinner is usually reservations... and when we had a long day and don't feel like cooking, a quick trip to Rossi's is just the answer. Their pizza's are crisp, thin and delicious. The minimum of ingredients - like it should be - this is true Italian. I love the spicy chicken livers, just wonderful for a cold, rainy night. The service is fast and I have to mention Melony. She keeps glasses filled and are so attentive to all her customers.
Great value pizzas made a wood burning oven. Rossi's is always filled to capacity and therefor noisy. It seems South Africans loves to chat loudly to one another.