“Delicious well cooked quality food”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #4 of 167 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

To sum up this restaurant - tasty, beautifully cooked, good quality food with great service in a smart but unpretentious setting. I recommend! My partner and I went here after seeing the good reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. There were about 6 starter choices (about r50) and 10 mains (r95-130) with something to suit everyone, helpfully explained by the owner as the chalk board menu just gives a brief description. We had babootie spring rolls to start - fantastic! I had beautifully cooked fish and my girlfriend had homemade pasta, which she really enjoyed. Parking directly outside, unrestricted after 5pm.

There are newer reviews for The Olive Tree

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great experience from the time we walked in. Friendly relaxed atmosphere and really made to feel welcome by the owner. Had bobotie spring roll starters which were delicious. Fillet with pepper/mushroom sauce and veggies all cooked to perfection. Not particularly cheap but you definitely have a memorable meal and experience

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The owner is a very personable and passionate owner. We called late in the afternoon and was surprised there was a table available.
The menu is small but filled with quality. I would not think there is a poor meal ever hits a table.
If you are a "fussy" eater the menu may not suit you however there is something for everybody if you are open minded.
We really enjoyed our experience and understand why the locals strongly support the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the Olive Tree during our visit in Knysna over the oyster festival in July (2014). It was highly recommended by more than one person so we thought we'd give it a try.
It wasn't as great as I expected it to be. The menu was rather 'small' - and I understand that quality is better than quantity, but I am a picky eater and it was quite hard for me to find a meal.
The service is great - within minutes of ordering, the food arrived (unfortunately, the fish I had ordered was a bit cold). The staff (waitrons) were friendly.
I do believe that the food is overpriced, maybe it was just because of the festival, but the quality of the food wasn't worth the price we paid.
All over, it was an average experience - I will however not be returning, mainly because of the overpriced meals.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Every comment, every positive write up true!!! Amazing ambiance, character, people and food.....Define!!! Will definitely be back.