“Best restaurant in Kynsna”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A wonderful restaurant on the main street, serving the best steaks I have ever tasted! We loved it so much we ate here for 2 nights of a 4 night stay on Thesens Island in Knysna. The owner, Ellen, is usually on duty and completely in charge! Her son is the chef, and is brilliant. The menu is small but delicious, locally sourced and top quality. Wine list is extensive (this is the wine region after all) and Ellen is great at suggesting and advising on the food.
Wonderful memories, thanks Ellen (and thanks for the advice on visiting Napier, Stanford and the Raka vineyard!!).

1  Thank ThatsMySunbed

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The best steak I have ever had! Lovely personal service and all staff very friendly. 11 out of 11 for us, for our 11th wedding anniversary! xx Yolande and Koos Steyn

1  Thank Metelerkamps
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We dined at this restaurant on 2 of the 4 nights we were in Knysna - it was simply too good to resist! The atmosphere is very warm and cosy, which is certainly assisted by the very friendly and attentive staff. And the food has some unique twists and attention to detail that shows real care and passion from the chef. And then there is the Clementine cake... SO delicious. After being largely unimpressed by the restaurants in Knysna over the past 10 years, this one really stands out. Outstanding.

1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I loved the homely ambience created by the venue. Service was friendly, fast and met our needs to an excellent standard. We were talked through the menu on a blackboard which made the menu feel unique, which i really enjoyed. The food was.. Fantastic. Delicious starter and then a fillet steak main course! Wow! It makes my mouth water as I think of it again. The ingredients were fresh and a lot of thought and love went into the food. Highly recommended! Dont read the negative reviews!!

2  Thank Rico311
Reviewed 31 July 2014

To sum up this restaurant - tasty, beautifully cooked, good quality food with great service in a smart but unpretentious setting. I recommend! My partner and I went here after seeing the good reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. There were about 6 starter choices (about r50) and 10 mains (r95-130) with something to suit everyone, helpfully explained by the owner as the chalk board menu just gives a brief description. We had babootie spring rolls to start - fantastic! I had beautifully cooked fish and my girlfriend had homemade pasta, which she really enjoyed. Parking directly outside, unrestricted after 5pm.