Knysna Country House
US$60
US$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Falcons View Manor(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$117
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsluxury roomgarden routebreakfast each morningfamily roomhonesty barsecure parkingbreakfast was excellentnice stayquiet locationstayed one nightlovely gardenwaterfront areabeautiful placeminute drivestunning viewserikhosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The location is out of the center of Knysna, on the hills, where the view is great on the hills all around. The room was pleasant and the house is very welcoming. The owners helped us in the organisation of the cruise. All was really perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gousteau
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Pleasant people, well equipped large room with balcony, good bed, good breakfast. Nice place with pool in a quiet surrounding. We got a large room with windows on two sides which made it very light. Having much space around was also vry nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leasure_travelers
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay, the facilities were good and the service excellent with a very friendly atmosphere. It is outside the town centre, but has a nice view over Knysna. The room was comfortable with a private terasse.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I just attempted to call the reservation desk and got in contact with a lady. She quite rudely informed me that it was night time and I'd better off contact them during the day. This is after I had given her 2 minutes worth of details (number of rooms required, sleeping arrangement etc). Don't bother to call the reception desk. You might be better off with the less personal e-mail channel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lmwangi
knysnacountryhouse, Owner at Knysna Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Imwangi,

This is Ypie here, the lady you spoke to. I do not recall speaking to a ‘male from Mauritius’, but I DO remember speaking to a lady phoning from a local Cape Town number. Not just ‘at night’, but at 22h52! Ten to eleven!

I do understand that some of our international guests may not realize there is a time difference from where they will be phoning, but to phone locally at that time of the day?! I think THAT is ‘quite rude’, to be honest…

From your review it shows you are looking for a personal approach. That is exactly what Erik and I and our team here at the Knysna Country House are striving for and proud of. You are indeed dealing with human beings – not somebody who works at a ‘reception desk’, but the actual owners - and we are available for our guests from before breakfast until everybody is organized for dinner. And for emergencies at the guesthouse, we are always available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year!

I am sorry if I wasted 2 minutes of your time, but I think you will be happier at a more impersonal hotel, with 24-hour reception, concierge and butler service, with the price tag that comes with that.

In the mean time we’ll focus on those individuals who appreciate a personal story, a real person checking them in and smiling staff who is genuinely interested in the well-being of our guests.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. We were in room six which was excellent. It was very spacious with lots of storage and good outlook. It had a pleasant balcony. The carpet was a little stained and the paint work a little chipped around the door frames but I could live with that. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice and freshly cooked. The hosts were very pleasant, helpful and accommodating. They twice served a good early breakfast for us when we had early starts on the golf courses we were playing. It is a little further out of Knysna than we realised, certainly not within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends