“Best Hotel in Knysna!”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Best Hotel in Knysna!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Luxury suits & rooms near Knysna Waterfront just one Min , friendly staff , nice Breakfast Cold & hot they make it as your request included of the stay
The only negative point I face during my stay : It was Cold & all air condition in the room & leaving room doesn't work to heater!
They send us a heater in the same day & next day thy fix the air condition in the bedroom but still they can't fix the leaving room one!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Threecities, General Manager at The Rex Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Mr Thamer-Awliya,

Thank you for completing a review on Trip Advisor. We value all comments received.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. However my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with regards to the air conditioner. Unfortunately the unit in the living room needed a part to be replaced and therefore took a bit longer to be fixed.

Once again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Rex Hotel in the not too distant future.

Masuda Mohamed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
East London, South Africa
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at the Rex this past weekend. The hotel was beautiful and we loved the walking distance to the waterfront. Breakfast was a great variety and we were incredibly impressed. Spacious rooms and friendly service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Threecities, General Manager at The Rex Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Mrs Natelie,

Thank you for posting a comment on trip advisor. We value all comments received.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our stay at the hotel started very well, since while checking in, we were upgraded to a better room, which was very spacious, clean, beautifully decorated, and had a small kitchen with all the amenities you might need to prepare your breakfast or dinner. Me and my wife had dinner at Valentine’s Day in the room tasting a delicious South African wine. Breakfast is not included, as although it’s name is Rex Hotel, it’s like an apartment or a vacation rental rather than an hotel. Location is the best, a few steps from waterfront, as well as from many restaurants. The only downside is that they don't provide free wireless. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Threecities, General Manager at The Rex Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Mr Marcelo,

Thank you for completing a review. We value all comments received.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was only a pleasure to have been able to upgrade you to a luxury suite. With regards to the wifi, we are currently in the process of sourcing an alternative supplier.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed for two nights and cant complain about the hotel other than it was quiet and had no restaurant in the evening on site but with so many close by not an issue

check in was fast and curteous, our room was upgraded to a half suite with a switting area which was nice to sit ad relax in the evenings, room had large balcony but no seating which is odd.

Location was good being two minute walk from the waterfront, good value for money and would recommend to others without having to think too much about it

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Petaluma, California, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I am currently at the Rex, I checked in with my Grand Circle group last night. Our group of 35 received luxury rooms, mainly 2 room suites. I walked in to room 109 and was horrified! The carpets were in poor condition (heavily stained), the lamp shades were also heavily stained, and the only countertop available was covered with coffee stains. This room was barely big enough to fit the two twin beds that were pushed together. I paid the same amount for my trip as the others in my group, why did I receive a room in such poor shape? My tour director hinted that since I am a first time traveller with GCT I was not entitled to a better room. I even tried to get GCT to place me in another hotel, no luck. I hope Roger Chulow (Regional General Manager - Africa) sees this review. He should be ashamed that one of his customers has been treated so poorly. Not a good introduction for me as a consumer to a travel company that relies on word-of-mouth referrals.

Room Tip: Refuse to accept room 109
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Mark H
Masuda M, General Manager at The Rex Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2016
Dear Guest,

My apologies for the room you received. Unfortunately room allocations are done as per availability. I am happy to advise that we have attended to all your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,
Masuda
Glasgow
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked a suite as we were staying for three nights from Monday 15th April and really appreciated the extra space. Our well appopinted suite looked on to the atrium and was very quiet. The hotel is well sited just two blocks from the Waterfront and safe to walk to in the evening for restaurants, boat trips etc. The bed was very comfortable, great bathrooms, comfy sofa for watching television and breakfast was available in the Rose Cafe each morning - we did not use the kitchen facilities with so many restaurants nearby! The staff were also very welcoming and helpful. Would definitely stay again if/when we return to South Africa.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This Apt hotel is one of the best I ever stayed in not only in South Africa but most of the places I went to
I stayed in two bedroom apt. and it was huge and decorated great, Beds were comfortable and the room is cleaned daily
the hotel breakfast was nice and you need to try the pancakes
over all the hotel is great and I really recommend it

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family