“Luxurious. And then: what a view!”

Atlantic Guest House
Ranked #15 of 126 Knysna B&B and Inns
Stockholm
“Luxurious. And then: what a view!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

On the hills (Knysna Hights) with astonishing views over the lagoon. Generous luxurious rooms with big teraces and a big bathroom section. Helpful landlady with recommendations for restaurants etc. Allright breakfast. You park your car on the property. We liked it.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are probably the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 2 February 2013

It is the best place to stay in Knysna. The rooms are great and so nice with a wonderfull view to the ocean. Super breakfast with all you like to eat. We hope that we get the time to come back. It is more than only holiday,

Room Tip: On the Top with a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed at Atlantic Guest House for four weeks in December, and had a great time there. The facilities were excellent, the staff very friendly and the views were some of the best in Knysna.

The rooms are clean and well furnished and the breakfasts were very well presented. They really could not do enough to make me feel at home. Highly recommended. I have tried several different guest houses in Knysna over the past five years and this one wins hands down in every respect.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 January 2013

It was my first time visiting Knysna. I got interest from my friend that it was a fabulous place to escape to. In looking for a place to live, sleeping out assisted me and I just fell in love with Atlantic guest house...I must say it was love at first sight. I wanted a place where my family would feel like a home away from home. When I was told there was a space for my family we were all excited. Thanks Tess for being a lovely person, she supported us all the way as I did not know what am getting my family into. We arrived at the place and we got a warm welcome irrespective of the fact that we landed there at ungodly hours. Thank you Atlantic staff for not taking us for granted as South Africans. For me it was so unbelievable to receive such warmth from my own country...I was so impressed and I wished that all our hospitality business treat everybody like that. All the visitors at the place seemed like a real family. This was a good example of Ubuntu and am glad that my kids had to experience such respect, care and love. We really felt like a Royal family. Keep up the good work and continue to fly our country's flag high!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you have one with an amazing view.....see the lagoon heads through your balcony when havin...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My wife and I and my brother-in-law and his wife stayed for 2 nights at the Atlantic Guest House and was, in every way, what we needed as we made our way to relatives in Kenton on Sea from other relatives in Cape Town. The welcome we received was friendly and considerate. The adjacent rooms were large and well appointed. We enjoyed lazing about on our verandah, with its spectacular views, for much of the day after we arrived and our subsequent exploration of Knysna in the evening sun was delightful. Breakfasts were social occasions as well as being very substantial. Tess could not have been more helpful and she is an excellent host. We were pleased with our choice of Knysna venue and would be happy to repeat the experience.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the honey moon suite and our relatives the bridal suit (or was it the other way round...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 26 January 2013

A great place with a superb view. the weather wasnt great while we were there but the view over Knysna and the lagoon were superb. the accommodation is spacious, clean and well looked after.It is good to wake up to such a great view.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We were Privileged to visit Atlantic Guest House more than once. From arrival till departure only excellent service is rewarded. It's thee place to be any time of the year. The view is breath taking, beautifull and a must seen. It's our number one holiday home. Thanks to all the staff of Atlantic Guest house for excellent service.

Room Tip: All the rooms has it's own special feeling.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends