“Lovely course”
Review of Knysna Golf Club

Knysna Golf Club
Ranked #18 of 53 Outdoor Activities in Knysna
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Knynsa golf course is a good links course with a lot of challenging fairways and holes. If you dont know the course you can get into trouble quickly. Dont miss this course if you in knysna.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"tee"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had the great pleasure of playing Knysna on a perfect golfing day
and for the first time in my life I had a caddy ! The course is a terrific lay-out and is kept in immaculate condition. My caddy, Phillip kept me right (most of the time) and was well worth his fee and more! I recommend this course very highly.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

A testing course with some pure links holes. looks innocuous but not to be underestimated. Friendly club with very good club house and excellent halfway house.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Sorry to disagree with so many others who found this a friendly club but on my visit the only warmth came from Simon who took the green fee. He approached for a friendly word after I'd played 9 solo holes and was returning the clubs. The lady in the golf shop was offhand and disorganised, seeming to assume that a first-time visitor would know the ropes. No proper explanation of club hire etc was given but rather a bald choice between one set or 'red' clubs. There was no-one around to take the green fee initially so I was left to stand around waiting until going back into the shop to enquire. On finally leaving the shop with clubs I'd no trolley as she'd neglected to give me a token to release one. Then I'd to wait again as a sand bag was necessary. As a visitor from England I was keen to play in RSA and had rung from the lovely Moorings hotel to make a booking. The hotel staff were both friendly and efficient, being very helpful in making contact with the golf club so I think I'd been expecting similar treatment at the club.
As for the course, a parkland course with water, it was quite different from those played in England. The weather was warm and sunny so run was expected but not so much of this as the type of grass used seemed to hold the ball up. Whereas at home the cold wet ground conditions reduce length here it was similar due to grass. The other main difference was that the greens held. Chip shots needed to be close to the pin whereas playing short to allow for run on is my game. Greens were fine but not as fast as they looked. Did I enjoy it? Yes, even getting a par on 8th. Value for money? Pretty decent as £28 got 9 holes and a set of clubs. Did I like the 'red' clubs? No, they were horrid. Rating for the course would be good, and the clubhouse is nice...but friendly??

Will I be back?? What do you think?