“The Heads, The Sea, a must do”

Southern Yachting Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Our sailing activities include offshore learn-to-sail adventures in Knysna as well as yachting skippers courses. Recommended for adventure seeking individuals, couples or family outings, corporate team building and offshore sailing training on the Garden Route, South Africa.
Pretoria, South Africa
“The Heads, The Sea, a must do”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

A first time experience in sailing, was a wonderful experience and worthwhile for everyone to do. One need to show your hands as sail master and assist the captain to find the wind. All this fun where you also learn the basic about sailing.

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Ahoy Callie, we certainly did have an awesome time sailing aboard the Mercury (SA3) in Knysna! Thanks for the kind review, we hope you become a yachtie and have you back as a competent crew aboard one of our sailing vessels again...

Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome sailing experience !”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had an absolutely superb time out on the yacht with the experienced and knowledgeable skipper. We went out through the Heads in Knysna which was seriously exciting ! , and one of the best afternoons we've had in a long time ! A big thank you to all at Garden Route Sailing Adventures.

Visited December 2013
Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Ahoy matey - really great having you aboard! You guys were a great hands-on crew and we hope to see you on a yachting skipper course in the future... Bon voyage and happy sailing.
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“Bucket list - MUST DO”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We always dreamed of sailing on an ocean sailing yacht through the Knysna Heads and out to sea ourselves, but without a skippers license have never been able to. Garden Route Sailing Adventures made our dream come true in half a day where we learned the basics of yachting in one hour and under John guidance we actually sailed this baby into the deep blue ocean. What an absolutely amazing unique hands on activity. Everyone visiting Knysna, JUST MUST DO THIS.

Visited August 2013
Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your review
Pemba
“"Adventure doesn't wait"”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I would often stare at the ocean and inside an overwhelming feeling would yearn, a feeling that something was waiting for me, an almost audible voice saying ‘just let go and follow me’. So I guess in a sense providence presented the opportunity and curiosity compelled me to finally do my skippers license, through Ocean Sailing Adventures. And I’m so glad I did! They were supper helpful! And although completing the course, with very little prior experience, initially seemed rather daunting, it was actually not at all. And I now, thanks to the O.S.A team, I find myself staring into the blue yonder with the biggest smile on my face and the most liberating feeling pulsing through my veins. Because this world is still full of life desperate to be seen and I have a one way ticket to make the most of that.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Clayton, your passion for the sea and the eagerness to learn will be remembered by us all for a long time. Well done on completing the sailing course / experience in Knysna and for the wonderful review. We wish you many happy yachting days on your further travels around the world.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The heads”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing learning to sail experience, the skipper! We had a great time. And it was well worth every penny!

Thanks Bret, Mark abs Ash!

The Guzi family

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Thaffs
Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
We thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiasm and keenness to get out on the water and learn the ropes with us. Thank you so much for the review and for referring your friends and family to our `Learn to Sail' experience in Knysna.