“Great ambience”

Loui's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #82 of 176 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visited Loui's on Thursday evening. Knysna is much quieter just now ( april ), yet in spite of it being a quiet night, there was a great vibe about this tucked away restaurant in an unassuming area near the centre of town. We had a great welcome from the staff, who were well informed on the dishes on offer. The décor is simple, yet warm. The main part of the restaurant is semi outdoors, and takes on the form of a quirky veranda. The service was excellent and the food well presented from a good menu. There is very much a pub type of atmosphere, and the food fits well. I went for their home made chicken lasagne with salad. The portions are generous and the prices very good. I rate this establishment very highly for great value, and a must go-to restaurant with a local feel.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

So refreshing nowadays to find a good restaurant serving good food at such reasonable prices. Here you can still get a steak for under R100 which is quite rare these days. Good vibe, good service. Only thing I would complain about is the veggie choice. Always seem to be served with boring spinach and mashed squash wherever I go.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A great little restaurant in the middle of town, serving great food at good prices. The EISBEIN is legendary, the curry 'hmmmmm' and great fish and chips (my favourite... well, I am British!).

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I am a local but also a tour guid and bring my tourist here to experiance a real Knysns experiance. Best prices best food for the money

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We asked what the specials were that night. It was Beef Curry and Eisbein, The curry was very tasty. My partner loved the eisbein.

Loui's offers good wholesome meals, large portions and good prices. It has a lovely garden settiing. A hidden gem in Knysna.