Having had high expectations of this place, it was a very disappointing stay. The positives are that the concept is great, the tree houses are nice and the food is good. Sadly there are more negatives, the room prices are crazy for what you get, we stayed in much better places at a fraction of the price. The whole place looks tired and in parts very neglected. The worst issue was the road noise, you are paying for a forest expereince which you would think is quiet and peaceful, you are in reality facing the N2 motorway and hear road traffic at an excessive level all the time. Lots of people come in for dinner, which is a good idea as the food is good and you sit inside so cant hear any road noise. Staying there was not good value and very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna