This is a great place to stay. Deep in the forest overlooking the Knysna lagoon and some wonderful wetland the location is truly magical with individual beautifully appointed wooden suites connected by boardwalks to the restaurant and bar areas. The food in the restaurant is splendid and the chef and her brigade change the menu daily which must take some doing. All the staff were helpful and charming.We took a canoe with picnic down the river and walked one of the forest trails. Just lovely and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna