This place is simply perfect.
Upon arrival, we were collected by a driver who escorted us high into the lush, green mountain, where the lodge is based. Our bags miraculously found their way to our room, while we were welcomed at the reception area.
Every member of staff was extremely professional and attentive and our tree-house room surprised us with its spaciousness and luxury! Upon returning to our room after dinner, we found a scroll on our bed with a Zulu story (which had thankfully been translated into English for us). This kind of detail typifies the standard of hospitality which these guys have clearly worked so hard to perfect.
The 6-course dinner was incredible - and the breakfast in the trees was brilliant, especially the coffee!
10 of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and South African Hotels so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna