We stayed at Phantom Forest in January, and found it to be a wonderful place. The location is absolutely stunning, high in the treetops looking over the big lagoon near Knysna. It is so peaceful and beautiful, we even had monkeys in the trees near us. The rooms are beautiful - private and peaceful, the decor is very natural yet luxurious, every amenity catered for. There is a fridge, beautiful day lounge and bedroom, the bath and shower look out past the deck to the lagoon and we had the outdoor bath which was divine. The meals are great - big breakfast with choices, and the dinners were delightful - delicious, tasty and a gorgeous setting. The staff were polite, friendly and courteous. The lodge has a strong environmental slant, and was very sympathetic to the surroundings. I just wished we could have stayed longer than the two nights we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels and Ebookers so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna