Conrad Pezula
  • Breakfast included
    Good 3.5/5
    • Pool
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewscafe znoetzie beachgolf courseprivate beachindoor poolin room diningwalk in closetplay golfsouth africabeautiful hotelhotel restaurantworld classmain buildingindian oceangarden routeattention to detailtop class
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 May 2012

The property has the best location, with views that are oout of this world. There is ample staff to assist with anything ranging from lighting the fireplace to transporting you to the room.
    The hotel has provided a lot of fillers to entertain you such a games room, a dvd library with a comprehensive selection, music library, out door activities and the list goes on. A shuttle is on standby to take you to the many different activities....what a pleasure!
    The Spa has so many options including a Spa Menu for little princes and princesses.
    Breakfast and Dinner at Cafe Z was lovely supplemented by what I can describe the as one of the best winelists I have seen.
    The Resort is family friend - so I will be retruning with my children next time. I absolutely loved Pezula - Thank you Ilse and her Team!!

Room Tip: The Rooms are built Villa style so every room has an advantage. Nice size rooms with a functional fireplace. Very nice touched such a proper hair dryer and a cosmetic dresser with a mirror that doubles up as working desk.
    • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
    Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Kagiso,

Thank you so much for rating us and letting us know what your experience was like. I truly hope that this birthday will be one that will be remembered for many years to come and thank you for choosing us to celebrate the occasion.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed here for my 50th birthday. What a treat!! We checked in for 3 nights and from the word go, I knew this was going to be special. On arrival we were met at the front door and our car was whisked away to its parking space underground. Check in was smooth, with complimentary drinks and then we were taken to our luxury suite with the finest views over the golf course and and out to sea. We were warned by our porter to keep our doors locked when we were inside the room, but if we were sitting on the balcony it would be fine. The reason being visiting baboons who have learned to open the doors of the suites to get in for the food in the kitchenettes. Not long after that we had our first visitor passing in front of us on our balcony!
    Our meals were taken in Cafe Z and from breakfast through to dinners, the food was excellent as well as very friendly and slick service! There is also a formal restaurant, called Zachary's but we did not manage to visit this-next time.
    We arranged a day hike through the estates private forest and meandered down to the river with our very knowledgable guide,William,where we had booked canoes for a slow and leisurely paddle down to Noetzie beach. There we had a lunch arranged for us at the hotels private castle on the beach, sitting outside watching the waves rolling in. What an unforgettable day.

The hotel also has a top golf course and spa which we did not use, as well as an indoor gym. Facilities also include tennis courts, archery and petanque.

A highly recommended hotel and nothing I could fault them on at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Childa S,

Receiving a review like the one you wrote is such a feel good experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review and giving us the opportunity to make your Special day, even more special.

Here's to the next birthday!! Have an awesome year and thank you once again.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We went to the Pezula for two nights with my wife and two sons. The resort is nice and the rooms are great. However, I think we were there off-season, and the place fell empty. If you are not a golfer, there is not much to do. You can visit the beach, but the shuttle that takes you there comes by every two hours. The beach is not walking distance.

The restaurant is good enough, although not exceptional. Service was a bit lacking. Overall, I would not recommend with kids. The place has a very strong "corporate event" atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
    1  Thank sikorskd
    Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Sikorskd,

Thank you for the review that you wrote. We are sorry that you did not experience it as a resort with unlimited activities that could be experienced in and around Knysna.

We have since addressed the service inconsistancies with training and have a childrens facility with everything a child could need. We offer baby sitting facilities and qualified child minders look after our future generation customers.

Thank you for letting us know what your experience was like and we look forward to welcoming you back to Pezula.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I must admit days before we left for our Easter break I read some of the reviews below and I started to worry a little.... we spent 5 nights at Pezula the week before Easter as part of our family holiday and we had a wonderful time! Travelling with our two children (1 and 3 years old), the staff where friendly and went out of their way to interact with the children. Check in was quick and easy, the room was large, comfortable and clean. The shower was one of the best showers ever! And the amenities were awesome! I must admit we only had breakfast at the hotel once, and as we were with small children didn’t eat in the evening at the restaurant at all. We had room service twice, the food was good and it arrived in good time.

You are able to call and request different types of pillows if the ones in the room on check in are not to your liking. I requested to have different pillows sent through to the room and this was done immediately. However, they did not have the correct pillow covers for the new smaller pillows, so I had to sleep with a rather large pillow case folded backward twice over the pillows. My feeling is, if you are going to go to the effort to offer 4 different types of pillows, then you should at least have the correct size pillow cases to match the pillows.

We did see the baboons on one occasion, and they were very big and a little scary. One of them came right up to the sliding door while my children and I were sitting on the bed and he tried to open the door. Luckily, it was locked (as you are advised on check in to keep the doors locked in case the baboons are in the area). A few minutes later, our room service order arrived, and the gentleman who brought the food, did warn me that the baboons where in the area and that I should keep a look out for them.

As we are South African's I did find the prices for breakfast, meals at the restaurant and beverages to be very high, and I was offended when a staff member offered to clean our car for R 190.00!!

Other than that, we had a wonderful time and if I could in the future, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tanya R,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is reports like yours that make us want to do even better. The baboon problem is under control to a large extent. They sometimes still frequent our grounds but we have had minimal incidents over the past months.

Your comment on the car wash was taken seriously and we addressed it immediately with all team members at the time.

Thank you for letting us know how you felt and we look forward to seeing you at Pezula in future.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I hate complaining but Pezula failed us in every single department and we were so very disappointed. Where do I start : Our room was musty and the bed was damp - no heating which was needed - we asked every day for something to be done ! The T V was ancient being one of the first generation huge TV's which stuck out approx 4' into the room and had not TV guide or instructions- dreadful quality picture ! The Menu in the restuarant was very limited and when I asked for some soup the first night as I was unwell I was told basically NO, Soup, other than pea, was not on any menu. I felt that the chef at a supposed 5 Star hotel could perhaps make some ? NO came the reply. The barman when I ordered a G & T gave me no choice of the gin and poured all the tonic into the glass which had no ice nor lemon !!!
    The grounds were so overgrown we had no view from our patio only overgrown bushes and weeds ! Judging by there only being 1 other couple in the restaurant and nobody in the bar it would appear that Pezula may not make the year out !

Room Tip: Sorry but my advice would be to stay somewhere else
    • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank j4gun
    Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear J4gun,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experience at Pezula. We pride ourselves in paying individual attention to each and every guest that reside with us. When I read your review I am distressed and disappointed.

I have sent you a note direct to your profile so I can engage with you on a one on one basis. Please reach out to me.

Gert Venter