“A benchmark for hotels in South Africa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Pezula

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Conrad Pezula
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Wiltshire
“A benchmark for hotels in South Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I visited Pezula for the second time with my wife and two young daughters. We stayed for 11 nights and the hotel is one of my favourites in South Africa. The staff are exceptional, special credit should go to Liesel and Helen who are a massive asset to the hotel. The location is good, the rooms a decent size, spa pleasant and food is fine.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Titanic1,

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received. As a Top Contributor and a Super Long Stay guest in our hotel you definately know what to expect and we are honoured to have had you in the hotel for so long.

I appreciate the time you took to post a review and recognizing the team members by name inspires everyone to go the exra mile. Thank you for making our job easier and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula.

Gert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We traveled to SA for my 40th Birthday and the stay in Pezula was the end of a fantastic trip that I really will never forget. SA is truly amazing :)

Having stayed in the Hilton CT and numerous other bespoke hotels on the trip I was really looking forward to Pezula. I am a Diamond HH so travel a lot (I've stayed in Conrads on most continents) so my expectations were fairly high. Pezula failed to deliver and I am still a bit unsettled by the experience a month on.

First impressions are very positive. The hotel is really smart and clean, the room was amazing and the staff who checked us in (quite late) were very professional. While at the hotel we used the Spa twice and golfed, both were very impressive and the staff in these facilities went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming.

Unfortunately, our experience in Cafe Z (for breakfasts in particular) was just simply appalling. Similar to Hamish11 we experienced the aggressive waitress. I noticed her being exceptionally rude to another customer and she then turned on me! She really was very very rude and the whole thing was very unpleasant. We actually decided not to breakfast in Cafe Z afterwards, we also decided against Zachary's for this reason.

There does seem to be a more general breakfast issue though - once shown to your seat you are asked for tea or coffee. Coffee seems to take an excessive amount of time for what is just filter and arrives in a teapot! There is a very limited selection (Hilton CT is FAR superior) and the "hot" food is lukewarm, at best. Oh and no toaster.

The other thing I was less than impressed with was the reception service. Any time we rang for something it would take an inordinate amount of time, and numerous follow ups, to complete. We actually sat in one night and waited for over 2 hours for the fire to be lit, we must have rang 5 times....then gave up. On check-out not one of the 5 members of staff behind reception asked me if I had enjoyed my stay or thanked me for my custom.

I expect a lot more from any 5* hotel but particularly a Conrad.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Livo_73
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Livo_73,

Thank you for the review. I always value feedback and appreciate the fact that you took the time to advise us of your experience.

Please accept my apology for the poor service you received. It certainly is never the intention of any hotel to upset their guests or deliver poorly. We have subsequent to your stay revised some elements of our breakfast service and it runs a lot smoother now.

Thank you for staying with us and supporting us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula should you travel to Knysna again. Please advise me direct of your travel dates.

Thank you for being critical and assisting us to improve.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. It was my husbands 60th birthday surprise and we very much enjoyed the stay! All of us had a treat at the Spa as well which were wonderful!! The restaurants on the premisses are excelent! Why go overseas if you can get it all here on your doorstepp, South Africans??

Room Tip: Every room has a magnificent view
Dear Plattelander,

Happy Birthday to your husband!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the time with us. It's always so special when we have the opportunity to look after our guests with special occasions. Thank you for the review and selecting us as you best hotel in South Africa.

Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a must for anyone doing the Garden Route , a gorgeous location wonderful golf course perfect service good food and very relaxing .

All the rooms suites are special with open fire places and some even more than others .

Can only say in my opinion all would be happy visiting this resort .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JonathonSwitzerland,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Pezula and secondly for giving us a 5 star review. We never take them for granted and thank you for recognizing the team that looked after you. I am pleased you had a great time and that fond memories will be with you about your stay in Africa.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula with more great golf and exquisite food.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel was fantastic. Very modern hotel where the large rooms are in fantastic villas with great views. The grounds are attractive, great food and friendly and welcoming staff. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 21 April 2015
Dear Michael R

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

It was a pleasure having you with us and I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay.

Kind regards

Victor Chalfoun
Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

What a delightful place to stay. extremely quiet and relaxed. it was understated luxury. the suites were delightful, with every convenience you could want. the restaurants (Cafe Z and Zachary's) were great and we ate at both. The steak at Cafe Z was fabulous, as was the parmesan souffle. The overall meal at Zachary's was good, and pricey, but the beef chop was a little disappointing and lacking in flavour. The spa was fantastic and we treated ourselves to some serious pampering - the massages were fabulous. Overall a wonderful time and we look forward to heading there on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Angie K

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

It was a pleasure having you with us and I am very pleased that your overall experience was wonderful.

Thank you for your positive and encouraging comments which I will be sure to share with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another excellent stay.

Kind regards

Victor Chalfoun
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

What a great stay at Conrad Pezula in Knysna, were staff are efficient and friendly and make you feel very welcome. It is situated in a picturesque coastal environment with great views as well as excellent suites and amenities for adults and children.

Dear NizaT,

You have picked the perfect time to come to Knysna and experience our hotel. Thank you for recognizing us for doing a job well. Guests like you give us all the more reason to strive for perfect service. I am pleased that you have great memories to take with you.

I look forward to seeing you back in Knysna soon.