“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Really loved the Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa in Knysna. Fantastic accommodation, great views. Overall great experience. However, stay away from the Turbine Hotel - stayed at this hotel for a night - hugely disappointing. Should have stayed another night at the Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Francois V
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Francois V,

One night always seem to be disappointing. I am pleased you enjoyed the evening and teh day with us and look forwad to welcoming you for a longer stay the next time you are in Knysna.

Thank you for the review and teh public recognition. I am proud of the team and what they do to create lasting memories.

Travel Safe

Gert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bruges
Reviewed 3 February 2014

An excellent stay. Terrific views from the balconies. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort to anyone who would appreciate a luxurious holiday. The golf course is excellent as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear RickyBruges,

I appreciate the time you took to provide us with a review. Thank you. It is always nice to hear what our guests enjoy and give fellow travellers an idea of what to expect.

Travel safe and we hope to see you soon.

Jeffreys Bay
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We took a short break for a special occasion to the Conrad Pezula and expected a beautiful place and was definitely not disappointed; the finishes in the rooms and bathroom are exceptional and the furnishings absolutely beautiful. The main building and entrance, lounges, bar and restaurants are all beautifully designed and furnished, inviting you in. However, the quality and choices offered, as well as the service, was a bit disappointing. Also, we did not find it very child friendly, although we did love cycling around the golf course early the next morning and the kids enjoyed being transported in the golf carts!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 21 April 2015
Dear Rhelda

Thank you for your review and for choosing to spend your special occasion at Conrad Pezula.

While I am pleased that there were aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, I am concerned to hear that there were areas that you were disappointed in for which we sincerely apologise.

Please rest assured that we take every opportunity to learn from any mistakes we may have made and thank you for your feedback. It is only through feedback that we continuously improve.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again and restore your confidence in us.

Kind regards

Victor Chalfoun
Wiltshire
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I visited Pezula for the second time with my wife and two young daughters. We stayed for 11 nights and the hotel is one of my favourites in South Africa. The staff are exceptional, special credit should go to Liesel and Helen who are a massive asset to the hotel. The location is good, the rooms a decent size, spa pleasant and food is fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Titanic1,

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received. As a Top Contributor and a Super Long Stay guest in our hotel you definately know what to expect and we are honoured to have had you in the hotel for so long.

I appreciate the time you took to post a review and recognizing the team members by name inspires everyone to go the exra mile. Thank you for making our job easier and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We traveled to SA for my 40th Birthday and the stay in Pezula was the end of a fantastic trip that I really will never forget. SA is truly amazing :)

Having stayed in the Hilton CT and numerous other bespoke hotels on the trip I was really looking forward to Pezula. I am a Diamond HH so travel a lot (I've stayed in Conrads on most continents) so my expectations were fairly high. Pezula failed to deliver and I am still a bit unsettled by the experience a month on.

First impressions are very positive. The hotel is really smart and clean, the room was amazing and the staff who checked us in (quite late) were very professional. While at the hotel we used the Spa twice and golfed, both were very impressive and the staff in these facilities went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming.

Unfortunately, our experience in Cafe Z (for breakfasts in particular) was just simply appalling. Similar to Hamish11 we experienced the aggressive waitress. I noticed her being exceptionally rude to another customer and she then turned on me! She really was very very rude and the whole thing was very unpleasant. We actually decided not to breakfast in Cafe Z afterwards, we also decided against Zachary's for this reason.

There does seem to be a more general breakfast issue though - once shown to your seat you are asked for tea or coffee. Coffee seems to take an excessive amount of time for what is just filter and arrives in a teapot! There is a very limited selection (Hilton CT is FAR superior) and the "hot" food is lukewarm, at best. Oh and no toaster.

The other thing I was less than impressed with was the reception service. Any time we rang for something it would take an inordinate amount of time, and numerous follow ups, to complete. We actually sat in one night and waited for over 2 hours for the fire to be lit, we must have rang 5 times....then gave up. On check-out not one of the 5 members of staff behind reception asked me if I had enjoyed my stay or thanked me for my custom.

I expect a lot more from any 5* hotel but particularly a Conrad.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Livo_73
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Livo_73,

Thank you for the review. I always value feedback and appreciate the fact that you took the time to advise us of your experience.

Please accept my apology for the poor service you received. It certainly is never the intention of any hotel to upset their guests or deliver poorly. We have subsequent to your stay revised some elements of our breakfast service and it runs a lot smoother now.

Thank you for staying with us and supporting us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula should you travel to Knysna again. Please advise me direct of your travel dates.

Thank you for being critical and assisting us to improve.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. It was my husbands 60th birthday surprise and we very much enjoyed the stay! All of us had a treat at the Spa as well which were wonderful!! The restaurants on the premisses are excelent! Why go overseas if you can get it all here on your doorstepp, South Africans??

Room Tip: Every room has a magnificent view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Plattelander,

Happy Birthday to your husband!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the time with us. It's always so special when we have the opportunity to look after our guests with special occasions. Thank you for the review and selecting us as you best hotel in South Africa.

Switzerland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a must for anyone doing the Garden Route , a gorgeous location wonderful golf course perfect service good food and very relaxing .

All the rooms suites are special with open fire places and some even more than others .

Can only say in my opinion all would be happy visiting this resort .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JonathonSwitzerland,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Pezula and secondly for giving us a 5 star review. We never take them for granted and thank you for recognizing the team that looked after you. I am pleased you had a great time and that fond memories will be with you about your stay in Africa.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Pezula with more great golf and exquisite food.