“Golf and Luxury Accommodation”
Review of Conrad Pezula

Conrad Pezula
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I booked a stay at the Conrad Hilton hotel which was on a 'special offer'. It included 2 nights B&B and two rounds of golfon the Pezula Course. Everything was very well organised, the staff extremely helpful and the hotel and golf could not be faulted. Also on the deal we had it was very good value. Everything helped of course by a weak Rand! My only negative comment would be that I expected a bit more from our 'Fine Dining' experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Luckyleaf
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Luckyleaf,

Your review is appreciated greatly. Thank you for allowing us to create good memories and telling us about them. We value you as a guest and hope to see you back here soon. I am pleased that you found our offer to be of good value for money.

Allow me to apologise if the Fine dining was not to your taste. We go to great lenghts to source only the finest ingredients and produce everything ourselves. Please do let me know direct if there is something specific you wanted to mention about the dining experience.

Thank you again for staying with us and affording us a 5 star rating.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Pezula

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I was expecting a complete 5 star experience and as a stealthy traveller my expectations were high, especially for the prices which are over board completely. I ended up very disappointed.

The room service was possible the worst meal I've ever had, I remember the soggy fries were literally in a pool of oil. And boy where they some expensive soggy fries.

Service was friendly but slacking. Called a couple of time to be collected from our room to be taken to the reception area before actually being collected.

But my worst was that the spa prices were by far the most expensive I've ever seen ( even on an international level ). To a point where I had to call to confirm the prices twice to believe it. However, on a short getaway you can look past it and just try enjoy everything so my boyfriend and I went for a hot stone massage which was nothing short of average. Below, actually. My masseuse took her shoes off and her feet smelt awful, with my face directly above I wanted to throw up until I turned over.

Just felt like the biggest waste of money. Not returning, sadly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamilah7
Hotelier12, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Jamilah7,

Thank you for the review. Please aIlow me to apologise for your experience not meeting and exceeding your expectation. Our chefs go through a great deal of trouble to source the finest ingredients and letting the ingredients do the taking on the plate. Apology that it was not to your liking.

I will investigate the spa incident personally. It certainly is not standard practice for therapists to remove their shoes while in session with guests. The therapists are highly trained and apply the highest standard of personal hygiene due to the close proximity to guests in which they operate. My apology for that and we will definately reiterate that to our team.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. If we had known while you where on property we would have definately dealt with the issues there and then.

We hope to be able to rectify this on a future visit and I would be pleased if you contacted me direct to assist in making travel arrangements when next in South Africa.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

From the moment we arrived this was a five star experience. The warm and informative welcome by reception, the efficient help offered by a group of porters and the sheer luxury of the accommodation made this the best 5 star hotel we've stayed at here in the Cape. We had a lagoon view room which was really well equipped, sizeable and luxuriously furnished. We ate at Cafe Z on one evening and were impressed by the service and the wonderful tastes on offer. The waiting staff were maybe lacking in some elements of efficiency but they made up for it a hundredfold in charm and willingness. We dined in Zachary's on another evening and I was less taken with this. The menu is lovely for some but for me the focus seemed more on the art than the taste, though my tuna was cooked perfectly the addition of intricate and detailed ingredients served to more distract for me, that said my wife has a more delicate palate and she loved her meal. I lean more toward natural fresh tastes than the intricacies offered by truffles and fois gras. The golf was too challenging for me. The course is completely unforgiving and many will love the challenge of playing such a difficult course (if you're a higher handicap bring plenty of balls).
The hotel is well designed with all facilities centred on a main building and the rooms scattered in groups of four a short walk from the main hub (porters were always on hand to drive you in buggies if your feet need a rest). We found everyone working here to be completely charming and helpful and we will definitely return. We unreservedly recommend this hotel as a luxury retreat.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshtraveller09
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Dear welshtraveller09

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

We appreciate the time you have taken to personally share your experience. It is only through feedback that we continuously improve, reach our best performance and offer our valued guests an extraordinary experience.

I am proud to hear that you were made to feel welcome and delighted that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Quiet location, emaculate grounds, lots of different activities for family and kids (horse riding, beach, petting zoo, kids eactivity centre). Used the pool almost every day (was not busy) with views of the Indian Ocean in the distance. Located in a private reserve so very tranquil location. Staff could not have done more to make our stay perfect. Kids were met with goodies bags on their beds. Under floor heating, and Aromatherapy amenities added to the pure luxury

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Grand suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cidinka

Dear SeniorBuyer,

I am so pleased that you found we had so much to offer. I always advise guests that you can be as busy or relaxed as you want to be at Conrad Pezula, the True Luxury of being yourself.

Thank you for the review, teh rating an dtelling us what we did right. I look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

overall a really good hotel and golf facility. the staff are helpful and pleasant and the quality of the food is very good. a very beautiful part of the world with lots to offer. the restaurants are varied and there is lots of options for everyone. the harbor tours are interesting and the hikes are beautiful. i am a mountain biker and the general area offers tons of safe trails to ride. There is even some great trail that you can ride from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear Anthony J

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and proud that you received excellent service. We appreciate your feedback.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us when you return to ride some of the beautiful trails in the area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My children LOVED LOVED LOVED the complimentary golf carts and considering it was raining quite a bit, they enjoyed using the weather as an excuse. The rooms are comfy and luxurious and I wished it was winter so we could use the fire places. One in the bedroom and one in the living area! Lots of firewood provided too. The staff are out of this world friendly. Absolutely lovely service from ALL of them. My 7 year old daughter even told me she made a 'best friend' from among the waitresses. I want to go back!! So do the children. We didn't have a family suite but they brought in two beds for them. Lovely area for tourists but next time I wouldn't mind just lazing around in the room...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thandilocks

Dear Thandilocks

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful holiday and received excellent service.

It is heart warming to hear that the children had such a fabulous time and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back.

We look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was the penultimate hotel of our 3 week trip to fabulous South Africa and it didn't disappoint. Although they were a bit inflexible and snotty at the golf course ( considering the course was empty), my husband said it's was a glorious course to play set in stunning scenery. We had a lovely room which like the hotel has a retro 70's feel which works. We ate in all the restaurants and they even opened the fine dining restaurants at for us and 2 other couples which was most appreciated and delicious. I had a great afternoon horse riding trial style in the resort and a morning on the beach. The spa was small but perfectly formed although a little overcrowded. I had a great manicure to repair the damage done at the spa at the Fancourt, George. Our only complaint was with the hotel shop with its poor staffing and carelessness - an expensive piece of pottery was so badly wrapped that the lid fell out at the airport and smashed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niamh G
Victor C, General Manager at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Dear Niamh G

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Conrad Pezula.

I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely overall experience and do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

I am disappointed to hear about your piece of pottery for which we sincerely apologise. Please rest assured that we take every opportunity to learn from any mistakes we may have made and will use your valuable feedback to further train our team.

Victor Chalfoun

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knysna
Protea Hotel by Marriott Knysna Quays
#3 of 13 in Plettenberg Bay
Kanonkop Guest House
Kanonkop Guest House
#2 of 30 in Knysna

Been to Conrad Pezula? Share your experiences!